Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 141333 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2022, 03:34:58 PM »
Friday midday is a bit flat now...

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2022, 03:44:28 PM »
Well that’s going to feel odd. With the smaller league there will only be a couple of games per weekend not televised so we’re going to see plenty of our players in different colours. Seeing out the end of my BT contract and still can’t bring myself to watch at the minute though.
I was a watcher of every game - but I really can't be bothered now. I only watched Exeter last w/e as I wanted to see the EA's lose....oh well....
100%. It’s really drained me of interest for the game. Can’t decide if it’s because as well as the lack of direct Wasps involvement there is nothing that affects us in the other games or whether it’s just a downer on the way it’s all panned out re no wider support. I used to watch a fair bit of non prem rugby (French etc) but even that holds no appeal at the moment.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2022, 04:17:20 PM »
Same here. I'm really not sure. It was a treat to watch the NZ NPS games before our demise - but not sure I'd bother with that now. For me, it's still the general shock allied to the lack of involvement/effect of other games and frankly, the lack of support demonstrated from other clubs.

I think that's been compounded by the number of so called fans of clubs with massive benefactors suggesting we were only going under as we were "badly run" Given up comments in the Guardian on rugby.

I'd guess it may take until after Christmas to see, but I'd already lost interest in internationals because of really having had enough of the Jones stuff and the lack of enjoyment within the team. So I may watch some of the 6Ns, hoping teams beat England....Seems all rather sad....

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2022, 05:11:31 PM »
This whole situation has put me off Premiership rugby and England rugby. I have absolutely no interest in following another Premiership club. I think even if Wasps do come back, my interest will only be to Wasps - I'd only spend money at other clubs if it happened that I was watching Wasps at an away game.

However, I haven't lost interest in rugby as a sport. I still have interest in grassroots; supporting and hopefully start playing again for my local club as well as my brother's club.

If I do support/follow another professional side, I may venture into another league and support a team there (if it was the URC, it would probably be Leinster due to family connections to Dublin, but I'm also considering the Top 14). It won't feel the same though.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2022, 05:37:16 PM »
Yeah, England's lost is Wales' gain for me in term of interest. I have not watched the prem at all in any way. Not a second, nor bothered with the papers' reports.That severs the connection to the internationals, which I may watch in future but Jones... etc.  Even when he is gone, the England team will be drawn from clubs I don't ever see.
I will continue to watch France internationals as ever, that is it up here, and then the RC.
BT lasts till it expires 16 months from now. Then U swap to Prem sports for the Cardiff games for the wife. If I watch any live rugby this year it will be in Wales.

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »
Having watched games at Irish, Bath and Quins in the last 3 weeks I can’t wait for us to start again. Championship or lower level.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2022, 10:26:55 PM »

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2022, 10:08:06 AM »
Fekitoa still a penalty machine

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/malakai-fekitoa-tackle-munster-ulster-275285

He's bloody lucky that was only a yellow. While the Ulster player is dipping, Fekitoa's movement is all upwards. Terrible technique.

Honestly, I think Fekitoa was probably a worse signing than Lima.

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2022, 01:20:26 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »
So sad to see Charlie go (especially given where he has ended up), but totally understand that he has to make the best move for his career and wish him all the very best for the future.

We have been his sponsors for last season and this (so may be a bit biased) :) but I think he's probably the most mature, respectful and thoughtful 21 year old I have ever met as well as being a fabulous rugby talent.

Like many on here I just can't face watching rugby at the moment without wasps, but Charlie's Dad has promised to take me to watch him (somewhere away from Welford Road) when the time is right, which to me embodies the spirit of rugby.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2022, 01:41:42 PM »
Charlie going is a tough one.  He's got so much potential and was the epitome of the brilliant future squad we were building. To think that if we do manage to survive we'll likely be playing against him makes me very sad indeed.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2022, 01:50:52 PM »
Tweet from BB:

Leicester Tigers have appointed Matt Everard as senior academy coach.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2022, 01:55:40 PM »
Oh ****.   Nevert didn liker Tigers much.  @@@@@@

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »
Tweet from BB:

Leicester Tigers have appointed Matt Everard as senior academy coach.

A double ouch.  Charlie hurts, but mainly as it's a long-term deal and not short-term injury cover for Pollard.  This also stings given how highly the coaches talk of Matty Everard and that he was supposedly part of the plans the current bid had.