Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 138490 times)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #586 on: March 12, 2023, 06:50:07 PM »
Ruben Logan to Saints

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1634277364887633920?t=ofkJlnsuhWstuEMDkvkUWA&s=19

Big blow for those Waspies wishing the Academy players might stick around to be picked up by Wasps 2.

Reuben is a real talent who will hopefully develop into a quality senior player. Best wishes to him.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 13, 2023, 07:33:03 AM »
Ruben Logan to Saints

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1634277364887633920?t=ofkJlnsuhWstuEMDkvkUWA&s=19

Big blow for those Waspies wishing the Academy players might stick around to be picked up by Wasps 2.

Reuben is a real talent who will hopefully develop into a quality senior player. Best wishes to him.

This one potentially raises a number of questions.

I guess the chance of a premiership contract is better than one in the championship and therefore trumps anything that Wasps could potentially offer.,

His dad has more info about what is happening at Wasps than anyone else so you do wonder what is happening.....

Both lads have gone to saints which is good for them, I guess the big questions will come if any of the academy lads sign for a championship team.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 13, 2023, 11:37:28 AM »
Its a no brainer for a talented and ambitious young man. An unknown period in Championship, assuming that's even on offer,  or Premiership rugby club from the off.

They might get more game time at Championship club but they aren't going to get top level exposure. Anyway, they're probably going to get loaned out to Premiership clubs so there could be a chance we still see them if things go well.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 13, 2023, 11:45:51 AM »
Could it not be more a youngster and father realising that with a new team upcoming it would be easier for the youngster to go and advance his game elsewhere rather than stay with his father a director. Much like a Dai and Tom original situation. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 13, 2023, 11:46:44 AM »
Unrelated, but I noticed Bertie and Frost were scorers for Quins and Chiefs respectively over the weekend.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2023, 12:25:05 PM »
Frost looks to be a good signing for Chiefs. They're obviously going to have to back to their original position of developing local talent rather than signing the big guns, which hasn't brought much success anyway. As a Cornish lad it sends some good signals to the local communities, especially as Pirate's don't look like they're going to build their own stadium very soon so won't be able to have Premiership ambitions and will remain a feeder club for Chiefs.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2023, 12:29:00 PM »
They might get more game time at Championship club but they aren't going to get top level exposure. Anyway, they're probably going to get loaned out

I would imagine Premiership Loanees could be a very useful source of quality players looking for game time for New Wasps

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 13, 2023, 12:56:26 PM »
Frost looks to be a good signing for Chiefs. They're obviously going to have to back to their original position of developing local talent rather than signing the big guns, which hasn't brought much success anyway. As a Cornish lad it sends some good signals to the local communities, especially as Pirate's don't look like they're going to build their own stadium very soon so won't be able to have Premiership ambitions and will remain a feeder club for Chiefs.

I don't think Dan Frost is from Cornwall, we signed him from Pirates, but he was at the Bath academy before then.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 13, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »

I don't think Dan Frost is from Cornwall, we signed him from Pirates, but he was at the Bath academy before then.

All I know is that Frost was born in Taunton.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 13, 2023, 08:18:45 PM »
They might get more game time at Championship club but they aren't going to get top level exposure. Anyway, they're probably going to get loaned out

I would imagine Premiership Loanees could be a very useful source of quality players looking for game time for New Wasps
An extremely fair point!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2023, 08:37:13 PM »

An extremely fair point!

Saints send majority of their loanees to Bedford, more likely to be playing against New Wasps.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 14, 2023, 06:44:12 PM »
French rumours that Jack to extend stay at Toulouse. Excellent news for him as obviously appreciated and suggests family has settled.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 15, 2023, 01:26:57 PM »
Don't blame him.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 15, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »
Perhaps he has had a hint that the English only rule is to be scrapped?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!