Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 140836 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #840 on: November 24, 2023, 12:11:32 PM »
Also a pleasure watching Treviso these days with Jacob, Paolo, Fekitoa, Watson and Minozzi all potential picks

Edinburgh v Benetton Treviso Friday evening, tempting to book a nice weekend in Edinburgh with a stop off on the way into the city.
Anyone know where I can watch this without signing up to a subscription channel? I don?t mind paying a one-off fee.

Not sure how it works or even if available in the UK but URC TV is an option.

Three ex Wasps playing for Treviso plus Vellacott on Edinburgh's bench.
Thanks. The ex Wasps  players are partly why I want to watch but also because I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 24, 2023, 12:12:47 PM »
Officially URC TV is streamed by VIAPLAY in the UK, and is available on SKy and Prime. It is, however ?9.99/month.

There is an alternative which is free and quasi-legal.

https://vk.com/video/@rugbyonsofa

(Information is from a friend who works for the UK arm of a major anti-virus company)
VK is a Russian streaming site that has agreements with many of the continental, and further afield, tv sports broadcasters to allow them to stream their broadcasts. Officially it is for the Russian Federation, but Russian law allows unrestricted streaming outside of Russia. However not sure that the UK courts would agree!

The streams are virus free, but often they superimpose Russian commentry over the English/French/Italian commentry. They usually appear on the site just before the matches kick-off, and are in HD, if bandwidth, and original signal, allows.

Because of the technicalities of converting to streams they are usually between 5 and 10 mins behind real-time.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 24, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »
VK.Com may be quasi legal but as it is a very active Russian site which means it has Kremlin approval and I would regard it as immoral. They do not charge for their stream so it is in effect pirated. Remember there is no such thing as a free lunch.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2023, 03:49:34 PM »
I have used that VK site in the past but then switched to PRTV when it started.

I wouldn't touch it now for the reasons Ross gives.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 24, 2023, 04:31:38 PM »
I have used that VK site in the past but then switched to PRTV when it started.

I wouldn't touch it now for the reasons Ross gives.

+1

Hence viaplay subscription
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 25, 2023, 07:27:25 AM »
Well that was another masterclass by Jacob - could do virtually no wrong ( missed one kick which this season is rare).
Malakai was like a wrecking ball and Paolo had great defence but few chances to run. Edinburgh should have won it (two disallowed tries) but had some silly mistakes. Looked bloody cold so glad we had family dogs to look after.
On Viaplay- I think their quality of picture is better than BT last season. Also good to get different commentators- even if one was a Weegie.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 26, 2023, 05:51:04 PM »
How did the ref do?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 30, 2023, 10:47:49 PM »
How did the ref do?

She was generally quite good.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 02, 2023, 11:10:45 AM »
The impressive young Sale tight head, Asher Opoku-Fordjour who looked very good when he came on in last nights game is a Wasps Academy & Kenilworth RFC product.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 02, 2023, 02:34:07 PM »
Well that was another masterclass by Jacob - could do virtually no wrong ( missed one kick which this season is rare).
Malakai was like a wrecking ball and Paolo had great defence but few chances to run. Edinburgh should have won it (two disallowed tries) but had some silly mistakes. Looked bloody cold so glad we had family dogs to look after.
On Viaplay- I think their quality of picture is better than BT last season. Also good to get different commentators- even if one was a Weegie.

Can watch them all again on S4C tonight against the Ospreys, S4C available through BBC iplayer too.

asteriskszegol

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 02, 2023, 03:17:56 PM »
Battle of the young Wasps 8s this afternoon - Barbeary vs Fisilau. Both playing really well. Also Elliot Stooke putting in his usual shift.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 02, 2023, 05:01:43 PM »
Battle of the young Wasps 8s this afternoon - Barbeary vs Fisilau. Both playing really well. Also Elliot Stooke putting in his usual shift.

I see from the Beeb that Alfie scored twice in Bath's 41 - 24 victory over Exeter.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 02, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »

I see from the Beeb that Alfie scored twice in Bath's 41 - 24 victory over Exeter.

One of them here

https://twitter.com/rugbyontnt/status/1730989699907424568?t=DpVAVkkjL7GSAkF0U501iA&s=19

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 02, 2023, 05:23:52 PM »

One of them here

https://twitter.com/rugbyontnt/status/1730989699907424568?t=DpVAVkkjL7GSAkF0U501iA&s=19

Exeter defence was pitiful.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2023, 07:22:01 PM »
Two former Wasps help Edinburgh beat Ulster in Belfast.  Tries for Vellacott and Hislop.