Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 141222 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #915 on: January 10, 2024, 07:20:26 PM »
Seeing that article on the Championship clubs and RFU proposals made me think of Josh for some reason. What?s he up to now?

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 13, 2024, 09:39:30 AM »
Seeing that article on the Championship clubs and RFU proposals made me think of Josh for some reason. What?s he up to now?

If you mean Josh Bassett, playing for Tigers today.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 13, 2024, 10:51:08 AM »

If you mean Josh Bassett, playing for Tigers today.
I did and thanks.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 13, 2024, 10:54:04 AM »
Jacob another 11 points from the bench last night in the complete demolition of Newcastle in Newcastle.
Let me tell you something cucumber

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 14, 2024, 09:08:58 PM »
It wasn't the St Valentine's Day massacre, but Bordeaux crushed Saracens today.

I think [am hoping] McCall will struggle with his ageing stars on dodgy contracts. It makes it difficult to discard them.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 14, 2024, 10:33:03 PM »
Bordeaux was a joy to watch .....  like silk, it was so smooth.  At the end of the match Fazlet's and Brief Cases's faces were also a joy  to watch, if you weren't a Sarrie.  I quite enjoyed that game.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 15, 2024, 07:31:30 AM »
Bordeaux was a joy to watch .....  like silk, it was so smooth.  At the end of the match Fazlet's and Brief Cases's faces were also a joy  to watch, if you weren't a Sarrie.  I quite enjoyed that game.

+1

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 15, 2024, 09:00:32 AM »
Dobby doing well at Pau as well, seems to be quite a regular starter and a typical run from him for a try as well at the weekend.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 15, 2024, 09:55:06 AM »
Alfie Barbeary seems to be turning into a penalty  machine  -  yellow card right at the beginning of the match and  a red at the end.  I  used  to hold him in high esteem, until he decided to play at 8.  Now he  seems to make  bad  decisions and has become a bit of a plonker.  Shame.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 15, 2024, 10:02:10 AM »
Alfie Barbeary seems to be turning into a penalty  machine  -  yellow card right at the beginning of the match and  a red at the end.  I  used  to hold him in high esteem, until he decided to play at 8.  Now he  seems to make  bad  decisions and has become a bit of a plonker.  Shame.

Yellow at the start should have been red.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 15, 2024, 10:10:00 AM »

FWIW: Red was due to a second yellow at the end of the game. He also scored a try. Didn't watch, so cannot comment on the actual cards themselves.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 15, 2024, 11:04:20 AM »
Alfie Barbeary seems to be turning into a penalty machine  -  yellow card right at the beginning of the match and a red at the end.  I  used  to hold him in high esteem, until he decided to play at 8.  Now he seems to make bad decisions and has become a bit of a plonker.  Shame.

That feels like a strange assertion - especially as he largely played back-row for us and had a big impact on games he played in.  Seems like most pundits and Bath fans disagree with you and he's continued to have a largely positive influence on the games he's been part of.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 15, 2024, 11:30:29 AM »
I'm sure Bath would disagree with me. Having seen him playing for several years I'm  disappointed that  he doesn't seemed to have learned self-control in the way he plays.  He  .....  oh,  how can I put it ....   is still going at things like a bull at a gate without any thought for the consequences;  at 23 he should know better. 

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 15, 2024, 04:36:02 PM »
Having seen him playing for several years I'm  disappointed that  he doesn't seemed to have learned self-control in the way he plays.  He  .....  oh,  how can I put it ....   is still going at things like a bull at a gate without any thought for the consequences;  at 23 he should know better.

Seems like you feel he's been getting away with things for a while now?

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 15, 2024, 04:47:18 PM »
Been cited for both yellows as potential reds!