Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bon matin a tous!  (Read 2720 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bon matin a tous!
« on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:12 AM »
Morning everyone (and I know the subject heading isn't probably what French people actually say.. its my Del Boy literal translation - mangetout naturalle)

Fingers crossed for an unexpected shock result but I say that in hope more than expectation.

Best of luck to all the travelling supporters who it sounds like have had a few hurdles thrown in their way

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:11:08 AM by BG »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bon martin a tous!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »
Morning BG and all!

I'm pretty resigned to a sizable thumping, which oddly seems to have removed all the stress from this game.

I hope we manage to play with some coherence and that we don't pick up any more injuries, and if we manage those I'll be happy.

Best of luck to everyone travelling to watch it.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »
Morning all, I was going to start a thread "what can we hope to get out of today's game" but this thread is covering that.

I really hope our defence continues to evolve/improve as it has of late and we cut down on the missed tackles and knock on's. I would also like to see good performances from the players brought in from the Championship such as Searle, MLB and Neal. In other words yes I expect a defeat today but I hope Toulouse have to work hard to get their win.

Safe travels to all those at the game.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 09:08:21 AM »
Is it wrong that a little part of me is still hoping for a shock win?

Though looking at the team only 5 or possibly 6 out of 15 would have made it into a starting line up last season...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Bon matin a tous!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 09:17:16 AM »
Its never wrong to hope VV, stranger things have happened.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 09:48:20 AM »
I am hoping our lads go out there and have fun.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Lovely day here sitting with hot chocolate by the chrimbo market. Not hopefully but going to enjoy the match.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 11:59:16 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Slightly distracted as I bought my bike this morning!! Actually left it at the shop though, didn't want to risk Diedre making me drop it on the first day. Yellow warning of freezing rain, brrr,
glad it isn't the home leg this week!

Perhaps today's game is what the team need, not often they get to play a serious game without pressure, could be just what the doctor ordered.

Safe travels all, hope it's warmer down there than here, here's hoping for a great game of rugby, may the best team win, but Come On You Wasps!

'Not so'

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 12:39:22 PM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Slightly distracted as I bought my bike this morning!! Actually left it at the shop though, didn't want to risk Diedre making me drop it on the first day. Yellow warning of freezing rain, brrr,
glad it isn't the home leg this week!

Perhaps today's game is what the team need, not often they get to play a serious game without pressure, could be just what the doctor ordered.

Safe travels all, hope it's warmer down there than here, here's hoping for a great game of rugby, may the best team win, but Come On You Wasps!

'Not so'

Yay. Truly horrid weather to ride a bike. I dropped mine (for the second time) yesterday as I was parking outside my house. No damage (except bruises) both times. Legs too short (27" inside leg at best). Still haven't figured the safest to park outside my house. The driveway is too steep and the road has a bad camber to the kerb. I might have to park on the other side or in the middle, get off and walk it backwards down the drive in to the garage. I already dropped the suspension to its lowest at the back wheel. Might need to get shorter shock absorbers and let the front shocks adjust through the top bar a bit higher. Decreases the ground clearance a bit, but I can't see any other way.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 04:20:15 PM »
Nelly, have you considered Daytona boots? Some people in your position use them to add leg height as they have a high heel.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 05:58:54 PM »
Nelly, have you considered Daytona boots? Some people in your position use them to add leg height as they have a high heel.

Yes, although they were too narrow for me, I did get a similarly heeled boot, which helped. It was the first suggestion someone made to me, and a good idea at that. The 360mm rear shocks are a very common fit gas set, and there are 320mm kits at very (low) silly money, as they also fit Triumphs and KTM.

The stock set are chrome with Yellow springs and gold gas reservoir. I have seen that same colour mix as well as some other combinations, but this set looks the best (see attachment), so I am going to grab a set while they are cheap (with the pound in free fall, they are bound to get more expensive).

The bike (as you will see from my pic in the Who Are You thread, has gold front forks as well, cherry tank, copious amounts of black and chrome. Really, Honda missed a trick not to colour code the brakes and shocks (one for the future).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:02:52 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »