Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 17361 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: England
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2022, 04:38:16 PM »
I went to the NZ game. I realised I didn't care anymore - Eddie J and the Wasps disaster have removed something that has enthralled me since I first saw England v Ireland in the 1970's, with Fran Cotton marmalising his opposite prop 12 feet from my seat.

I have a property that is within 2 hrs of Brive, Toulouse, Castres, Agen, Auch, Montauban, Bordeaux and Pau, and a bit further to Perpignan, La Rochelle, Biarritz/Bayonne. I think I can see the way forward. I can invite both Willis brothers over for lunch  8)
Can it house 5-7,000?

Only if they all bring a tent.

A really big tent!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2022, 07:07:01 PM »
Shambolic.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2022, 07:12:13 PM »
Massively overrated and seemingly all too willing to believe his own hype.

I personally don't agree with that. I think he is a very good player, who EVERYONE rates. Not Just Eddie, but other coaches, players, pundits the lot. You will not find many people who know or have worked with him who have a bad word to say about him.

But is that not the very definition of over rated if viewed through the eyes of someone who doesn't share that opinion?

England a distant second again this week. Even with the Boks down a forward.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2022, 07:36:05 PM »
So many players that EJ keeps picking just are not good enough at this level. Tuligani is a waste of shirt. He hasn’t got any place and no impact at this level. Front row should be embarrassed absolutely hammered.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2022, 07:36:33 PM »
Guardian reporter on game
England have been out-thought, out-dogged and frankly outclassed for the whole evening.
No great surprise then?

And
It’s hard to describe how utterly dominated England were here. Powdered up-front, stupid penalties given away, lineouts stolen, attacking pattern (such as it was) swarmed all over, and that is not an exhaustive list.

Oh dear...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 07:41:14 PM by mike909 »

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2022, 07:53:33 PM »
Unbelievable from Manu

“It was a tough game, we wanted to come out and attack the game which we did at the start, but South Africa put so much pressure on us and credit to them. The plan was clear for us, but SA are such a quality side and we weren’t good enough today.

We’re building nicely [for the world cup], I know it’s hard to see, but we are.”

Very hard to believe...

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2022, 08:01:19 PM »
For those of us who’ve been struggling to verbalise how poor England are that match said it very eloquently. Woodward said the most important job of the coach is selection. How has Jones got it so wrong? M Vunipola bought in to get marmalised at the scrum. Genge and Sinckler taught that posturing isn’t enough. Hill, no idea why he’s selected but he’s gone the extra mile and added rank stupidity to his game. Coles at 6? Enough said. B Vunipola - finished. How desperate is Jones to play Farrell when he’s obviously unfit. Tuilagi’s not done anything for three years and he’s part of the worst centre combination I’ve seen in years. Back three never in the game and Freeman shuffled to the wing. All the time Willis, Radwan, Malins, Lawrence, Rodd, Clarke, Dombrandt, Care, Mitchell, Hassell-Collins, Marler, McGuigan etc etc watch on. England were totally outplayed even with a man extra. They have no attacking strategy, no craft, no discipline and no ideas. This was an under strength SA as well. Jones’ legacy to the team seems to be a non earned arrogance and little else. One draw from the meaningful AI’s which really should have been 3 defeats - that says it all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2022, 08:13:02 PM »
Did they lose?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2022, 08:17:34 PM »
 :) Won 48-0.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2022, 08:20:40 PM »
Ah good Eddie will stay longer then!
Let me tell you something cucumber

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2022, 08:24:07 PM »
I think Eddie is in need of a HIA.

I cannot think of any part of it that was even bordering on the acceptable.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2022, 08:26:29 PM »
We’ll put, Shugs.

I’d love to hear Brian Moore’s thoughts but he seems to have given up the Telegraph’s rugby podcast.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2022, 08:59:13 PM »
Nowell on the break brought down by a second row. Jonny May no longer first pick at Glozzer. But EJ thinks they got the pace to play on the wing for England.

The performance today was rank — it put the turd into turgid.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2022, 09:30:58 PM »
Wonderful, could not have put it better myself. To be fair, there is time to polish the turd for the 6n.

To be honest, it isn't the turd that bothers me, it is the bullshit.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2022, 09:51:56 PM »
That was one of the worst England performances I think I have ever seen. We are going into the WC with 4 props, none of whom can scrummage. Most of the remainder of the team are either has beens well past their use by date and others who have any flair rigorously coached out of them.  Hopeless, inept, clueless. Jones has been taking money under false pretences. He's no coach, just a conman.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!