Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester Bidder given Two Weeks Extra  (Read 3086 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester Bidder given Two Weeks Extra
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
Isn't it the Administrator's job, legal obligation, to get the best price he can for the assets? In which case if the new owners haven't or can't pass a fit and proper persons test that shouldn't the Administrator's problem?

I think the question should be, if a buyer can't pass the fit & proper persons test & meet the RFU's conditions, then why would the want to buy a rugby club that won't be able to play any rugby?

Unless its for the assets.....?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2023, 11:32:41 AM »
Isn't it the Administrator's job, legal obligation, to get the best price he can for the assets? In which case if the new owners haven't or can't pass a fit and proper persons test that shouldn't the Administrator's problem?

Correct. The administrator owes no duty to the RFU. They simply sell for the highest price. It is what Jim O'Toole wants. He wants the RFU to get up in a twist and refuse to accept WW back. That will let him play the good guy and say, I tried my best, but I guess I will have to sell the land a stadium now for development, the RFU have left me no choice. After all, what else can you do with a rugby stadium if the RFU won't let you play rugby there? It is, you have never been there, in a prime distribution location, right on J6 of the M5.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2023, 12:00:33 PM »
How ironic it would be if the fit & proper person test which is applied to stop someone buying a  club & stripping it of its assets ends up causing just that?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2023, 12:02:55 PM »
A very good location indeed and a nice ground, so it would be a shame to lose it.

As I've said before, when it comes to a fit and proper persons test: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

At this point its hard to see Jim O'Toole doing any worse damage to the reputation of rugby than has and is currently being done.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2023, 12:20:30 PM »
As I've said before, when it comes to a fit and proper persons test: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I always felt that had the potential for a sketch in the Life of Brian.

Two Roman guards, standing in the middle of nowhere (desert). One says to the other.

'So, what you doing here?'

'On guard duty.'

'What are you guarding?'

Guard looks around. 'You.'

'Well, if you're guarding me, who's guarding you?'

'You are.'

'Oh, right you are.'

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 05:28:23 AM »

I always felt that had the potential for a sketch in the Life of Brian.

Two Roman guards, standing in the middle of nowhere (desert). One says to the other.

'So, what you doing here?'

'On guard duty.'

'What are you guarding?'

Guard looks around. 'You.'

'Well, if you're guarding me, who's guarding you?'

'You are.'

'Oh, right you are.'
That reminds me of the joke that modern planes are so sophisticated that they only need a pilot and a dog in the cockpit:

What's dog the do there for?

To make sure the pilot doesn't touch anything

What's the pilot there for?

To feed the dog.

On that note, I was on one of the first 747s to do an automatic landing at Heathrow. It was an excellent landing, one of the smoothest I've been on, and the pilot said that if we hadn't had the automatic landing system it was so foggy we'd have had either a long hold or diversion.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 08:30:17 AM »
And so, one week of the two weeks has passed. Not so much as a whiff of smoke from the chimney.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »
And so, one week of the two weeks has passed. Not so much as a whiff of smoke from the chimney.
Schr?dinger's Wasps.