Always a Wasp

Author Topic: News incoming?  (Read 14928 times)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: News incoming?
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2022, 12:15:30 AM »
Much easier to get to! Park at my dad's and walk across!
If that's a invitation I'll take you up on it and buy you a pint or two

If you're Lichfield way (or around there) more than welcome to catch lifts!

Edit: the walk isn't as short as I thought! But it's at least through the park and perhaps easier than stressing about trying to park at the ground.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 12:26:46 AM by jamestaylor002 »

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2022, 08:03:38 AM »

Is there a viable location for a shuttle service to run from?
A park and ride? A local rail station?

I used to use the shuttle service at high Wycombe and while it could be a little frustrating at times, it certainly solved some problems

Edit: the walk isn't as short as I thought! But it's at least through the park and perhaps easier than stressing about trying to park at the ground.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2022, 08:38:48 AM »
I have been to a few Solihull Moors games with a friend who is a supporter. They have had quite a rise up over the last few years and play an exciting game scoring lots of goals, but conceding a few as well (so at least they have that ethos in common!). It seems to be a lot of local people's second team. They are currently in the National League and pretty competitive often getting close to going up.

I felt the atmosphere was quite similar to rugby, offen supporters would not be segregated, but tend towards their own end. They have been growing the facilities quite well.

There was quite a lot of unrestricted local parking on street within a 5-10minute walk in the side roads off of Damson Parkway and surrounds, although I guess that may change if numbers keep increasing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 08:40:41 AM by Brandnewtorugby »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2022, 10:00:58 AM »
From the club website that Heathen linked to a couple of pages back:

Alternatively, supporters can make use of the NCP Car Park at Birmingham Airport Cargo Term (B26 3QT). This is a short 15-20 minute walk away from the ground.

The club have struck a deal with NCP which means supporters can take advantage of a 40% discount when parking there on a matchday!

Read more HERE

https://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/posts/moors-fans-can-take-advantage-of-ncp-discount-on-matchdays/

And the link gives:

As part of the special offer, Moors fans will be able to access a 40% discount on their matchday parking.

Duration of stay

Normal tariff

Discounted tariff (40% off)

1 hour

£2.00

£1.20

1 to 2 hours

£3.50

£2.10

3 to 5 hours

£5.00

£3.00

5 to 8 hours

£7.50

£4.50

8 to 24 hours

£10.00

£6.00

This exclusive offer will apply to those who choose to use the NCP Car Park Birmingham Airport Cargo Term (B26 3QT).

With the car park no more than a 15-minute walk from the ARMCO Arena, it gives fans the perfect chance to get a breath of fresh air and settle any pre-match nerves.

£3 for 3 to 5 hours seems reasonable.

There's a couple of pubs that allow motorhome stopovers within a long walk's distance, so I might be able to get to a few more home games.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2022, 10:08:43 AM »
It's brilliant that we are now discussing ACTUALLY going watch Wasps games.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2022, 10:11:58 AM »
So still 1 1/2 hours to drive to. Was hoping it would be closer, not sure I’ll be going to often.

Let’s hope we don’t mess this up. Not sure we will be in the premiership for a few years, if ever

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2022, 10:37:01 AM »
If this comes off ok - then there's every likelihood that my FinL will be in a residential home in Solihull - so I'd guess our visits might coincide.....

A number of things have to line up - but feeling a lot more positive than before!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2022, 11:01:15 AM »

Is there a viable location for a shuttle service to run from?
A park and ride? A local rail station?

I used to use the shuttle service at high Wycombe and while it could be a little frustrating at times, it certainly solved some problems

There is Birmingham International train station nearby that could work - say 10 min drive max? Maybe quicker if they are able to take advantage of the bus route that goes alongside the A45 and comes out at the cargo entrance (which is opposite the road that a bus would need to go down to get to the Moors' ground.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2022, 11:21:22 AM »
Shuttle bus?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »
So still 1 1/2 hours to drive to. Was hoping it would be closer, not sure I’ll be going to often.

Let’s hope we don’t mess this up. Not sure we will be in the premiership for a few years, if ever
Wasn’t possible Westy. Had to be near the CBSA.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2022, 07:06:07 PM »

I except that, just seriously pissed off by the bullshit we were given about the move to Coventry. I the lies over the last few years have been staggering and I really hope some legal action is taken against our ‘old’ board.

The things I have issues with are how much more bullshit we will be given and with a ground that only holds 5,500, poor parking and no pubs close by, are we just going to be a championship side. How on earth can they double the size off the stadium and provide parking

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2022, 07:15:23 PM »
Can you get promoted if you’re under 10k but building a new stand to provide the right capacity? Weren’t the EAs in that situation? That said, the rules that apply to the EAs are not the same as those applied to the rest of us.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2022, 07:17:44 PM »
Can you get promoted if you’re under 10k but building a new stand to provide the right capacity? Weren’t the EAs in that situation? That said, the rules that apply to the EAs are not the same as those applied to the rest of us.

As I understand it you have currently two seasons to comply provided you have the necessary plans in place (and funding).
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2022, 09:17:31 PM »

I except that, just seriously pissed off by the bullshit we were given about the move to Coventry. I the lies over the last few years have been staggering and I really hope some legal action is taken against our ‘old’ board.

The things I have issues with are how much more bullshit we will be given and with a ground that only holds 5,500, poor parking and no pubs close by, are we just going to be a championship side. How on earth can they double the size off the stadium and provide parking

What would you prefer right now?

1) a new board that's trying everything they can to ensure the club exists next year, then if that means sharing at a ground that is less than perfect for us

Or

2) a board that says "you're right Westy, it's not worth it if the parking is a bit crappy and there's no pub, let's not bother"

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2022, 05:22:14 AM »
It’s just telling me that we will be in the championship for at least 3 years and if we want to be premiership club we most probably have to move again.

Don’t tell me it was our only option otherwise we won’t be in existence. 

I don’t won’t Wasps used again by some people trying to make money at the expense of the fans. Is this really existing or is it another rugby club that now has the same logo has we use to have