Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Statement - from Offy  (Read 5852 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wasps Statement - from Offy
« on: December 16, 2022, 02:05:29 PM »

Wasps Confirm Return For 2023/24 Season

Date: 16 Dec 2022

Wasps are delighted to announce their return for the 2023/24 season, with confirmation they have now fully satisfied Rugby Football Union (RFU) requirements.

HALO22 Limited, a company owned by Christopher Holland, recently completed the purchase of the intellectual property, history and memorabilia of Wasps RFC, a transaction that saw the Club exit administration.

Andy Scott, a former CEO of 188Bet and Interim CEO of the Wasps Legends Charitable Foundation, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer, and will be supported by former players including Kenny Logan and Peter Scrivener, as well as a new main board of senior level executives.

With the formal transfer of assets complete, the new management group submitted a long-term business plan and were approved under the RFU’s fit and proper persons test. Following this, the Wasps Men’s team can now confirm they will start the 2023/24 season in the Championship, English Rugby’s second tier.

As part of proposals accepted by the sport’s governing body, a groundshare agreement has been reached with a Midlands venue – which will be announced in the near future – to host its home games.

Andy Scott commented: “We are proud and delighted to secure the future of this great Club. Wasps is a famous and highly regarded name in the history of English and European rugby and while this is a new venture and a fresh start, it is fundamentally built on the same values that brought the Club success and respect in its heyday.”

Christopher Holland, the Club’s new owner, said: “As the new custodian of Wasps, I am fully aware of the responsibilities I have to its supporters, history and heritage. I do not underestimate that duty.

“Even though it has been an extremely challenging time for everybody connected with the Club, today’s decision is a reward for the hard work undertaken to date, and means we can now start planning for the future.

“There is, however, a long road ahead of us. In addition to fulfilling the obligations to rugby creditors as set out in regulation five by the RFU, we continue our conversations with investors to improve the funding we have acquired to date.

“We are diligently creating a viable long-term business model for the Club, and we have had to meet rightfully stringent and modern business requirements for regulatory control and corporate governance. The RFU and PRL have been a supportive partner during the process.

“I would like to place on record my thanks to all of our fans and partners, the wider rugby community, and all former players and staff. The support we have received has been incredible.”
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Statement - from Offy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 02:10:54 PM »
Interesting the make up of the "Head" persons.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 02:11:37 PM »
Great to see some of the names involved now.

Think they have gone about this the right way, quietly putting everything in place.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 02:14:38 PM »
Great to see some of the names involved now.

Think they have gone about this the right way, quietly putting everything in place.

Agree - whilst we might have moaned about the silence they have quietly put together an acceptable package.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 02:15:31 PM »
Just had a look at HALO22, only person named as director is Chris Holland.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »
Very positive. I always thought that Scrivs would be involved. Delighted to see Kenny there too. Chris Holland is a shrewd guy. As he says, a lot still to do but it's a very good start.

#COYW

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 02:20:00 PM »
Pleased to see some Wasps people involved. There's people up top who care about Wasps as a club.
I too am pleased with how this has quietly gone on in the background.
Obviously the next question is coaching, playing and backroom staff required to make this work.
I have no doubt this has been going on quietly in the background too.
Still some work to go but I have more faith that this is being looked at in the background and we shouldn't take silence as a bad thing.
Provided this all does work out, I suppose the Wasps legends are owed a fair few beers at the first home game!?

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 02:20:32 PM »
That is great news from my point of view. I know there are a lot of Wasps fans who do not want to return if it means we stay in Coventry for reasons I can well understand. However I will be pleased to be able to carry on supporting my club in itds new beginning.To add to this I do really hope Worcester will be able to carry on along with us hopefully we can look forward to some good championship battles.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 02:25:22 PM »
With Holland at the head that confirms the EPIC is the centre of it all.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 02:26:41 PM »
Where ever we will be playing in the Championship, if it is down to me, I would be doing my best to provide an efficient live stream (pay per view) for all 'home' games. Presumably very few, if any, Championship games will be on TV.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 02:27:04 PM »

It was always going to be really as who else would want that facility in the area?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »

It was always going to be really as who else would want that facility in the area?

Yes he was rumoured to be involved so (hopefully) leading it is a step up.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2022, 02:33:19 PM »
Brilliant news. A huge relief and the group named so far feels really positive. We have a team! It will be a welcome change to speculate on players, coaches and later in results etc. Huge thanks to those who have made it work are due.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »
Yes, he obviously saw the writing on the wall when he bought it. Shrewd move and as the administrator has been through the books we can be sure that whatever deal was done it was done at fair market price.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2022, 02:39:05 PM »
Where ever we will be playing in the Championship, if it is down to me, I would be doing my best to provide an efficient live stream (pay per view) for all 'home' games. Presumably very few, if any, Championship games will be on TV.

https://www.championshiprugby.co.uk/live-streams

Seems some are streamed on rugby Championship