Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Salt in wounds  (Read 2133 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Salt in wounds
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »
Agree with all of the above. Absolutely stinks. What does surprise me is that they’ve basically laid themselves wide open to all the criticism that will now rightly come their way for Farrell! A good 10. An average 12. That’s it. The mystique that follows him baffles me.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2023, 11:24:17 AM »
I was watching BT when they discussed the Farrell "ruling" and I agree that it stinks. If he's allowed to be selected and as captain, I'm supporting France.

Demonstrates that player welfare means damn all if those who carry the responsibility for player discipline and so safety - cynically exploit the rules so that a player can be selected for the national team.

I've been hoping I might regain my interest in England after Jones left - but this makes it very hard.....

+1

This, exactly this.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 12:15:42 PM »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2023, 12:23:12 PM »
 Westy ...    :)I make that 7 or 8 then.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »
I was watching BT when they discussed the Farrell "ruling" and I agree that it stinks. If he's allowed to be selected and as captain, I'm supporting France.

Demonstrates that player welfare means damn all if those who carry the responsibility for player discipline and so safety - cynically exploit the rules so that a player can be selected for the national team.

I've been hoping I might regain my interest in England after Jones left - but this makes it very hard.....

+1

This, exactly this.
And another.

It’s hard to get interested in a sport when it’s leadership is morally bankrupt.  I hope they never have the gall to try to take the moral high ground with other countries.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:10:59 PM by Bloke in North Dorset »

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2023, 03:38:27 PM »
I can remember when the game went professional and many of us thought "now we'll see how a sport should be run". I don't think I've ever been so wrong in my life.

Player welfare - okay unless it interferes with the national team.

Salary cap - yes, but we'll make loads of exceptions and then we'll police it with the effectiveness of a drugs cop at a Grateful Dead concert.

I'd suggest scrubbing it out and starting again but there are too many entrenched interests - which, of course, is a prime reason for starting over again.