Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23304 times)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2023, 11:39:57 PM »
I imagine that, as Pudsey is a popular figure amongst Wasps fans, anything coming through him (with the board's blessing no doubt) will be well received. This is in addition to him being one of few employees at Wasps too!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2023, 06:05:07 AM »
They've kept everything else under tight control, Pudsey must have been given very clear instructions about what he can and can't say if not someone vetting them pre release.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2023, 08:04:20 AM »
It is good to know that what's left of the club hasn't just vanished off the face of the planet.

Thanks, Pudsey.

"Significant trouble reactivating" reads to me like someone who left had all the passwords and access info.... and the administrators didn't. Or the previous social media guru changed them on the way out. Which would be unprofessional, but understandable!

Sounds like we might start to get drip-fed some info though...

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2023, 08:14:22 AM »
I'm not sure I buy that.

Someone has posted on the official Twitter several times since we went bust. How did they manage that if they couldn't access the social media?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2023, 08:14:59 AM »
Slightly puzzling when we were informed that Wasps had paid all bills associated with the Internet property to ensure continued ownership of the name and content. As above somebody must have departed with access permissions.  The long troublesome Road!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2023, 09:03:39 AM »
The Web hosting was paid as a priority, I know the chap who owns the company that was doing it.

As to website management I suspect that was done in house. Its possible that there was no system in place to record login credentials. But even so it's not beyond the wit of man to create a simple site as a holding measure until a proper new one can be built.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »
The Web hosting was paid as a priority, I know the chap who owns the company that was doing it.

As to website management I suspect that was done in house. Its possible that there was no system in place to record login credentials. But even so it's not beyond the wit of man to create a simple site as a holding measure until a proper new one can be built.

So what you saying, Pudsey is lying?

Your antagonism to the new Wasps regime is getting predictable and is continuously casting a dark cloud over what we hope to be a
fresh new chapter in our clubs history.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2023, 01:49:08 PM »

So what you saying, Pudsey is lying?

No,. not at all.  Just that he clearly doesn't have accurate information.  How do you explain the fact that posts have been made, and that there is no access to social media?  Clearly something doesn't match up.

Your antagonism to the new Wasps regime is getting predictable and is continuously casting a dark cloud over what we hope to be a
fresh new chapter in our clubs history.

Lol!  What new Wasps regime? All I want is some communication.  I honestly think they had a real opportunity to be open and transparent about the whole process. To show the situation as it really is, and in doing so to build some genuine excitement and support. To both retain the existing fans, and even to add in some more along the way. They have done nothing at all for the fans.  The idea that no-one involved had the ability to set up a new twitter account and to post the odd update here or there is laughable.  If they wanted to, they would have.

Maybe I'll be positive about the club if an when it actually exists, but as it stands what on earth have the done to deserve any loyalty?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2023, 03:06:13 PM »
To be fair the last regime was neither open and was certainly dishonest if only by omission. Before that we were pretty opaque too. It seems to be a Wasp tradition of keeping people in the dark.

As for social media, at least nobody has offered us a seat next to dead people, as yet. If you don't recall that one, it was the St Georges day game- "calling all George's", one of whom listed was George Harrison, who was as dead then as he is now. So I am counting that as a win.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2023, 04:47:46 PM »
Something of note on Companies House that was highlighted on Twitter - Chris Holland last week incorporated a new company 'HALO23 LTD' - 'HALO22 LTD' was incorporated last year. Not much more info beyond that at this point. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14782738

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2023, 05:31:35 PM »
Atlas playing silly buggers with the RFU again.
I hope to god we have nothing to do with them.
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/23450951.worcester-warriors-atlas-release-statement-regarding-rugby-club/

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2023, 06:29:24 PM »
This was what prompted that Press Release:

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/23450307.worcester-warriors-rfu-release-letter-former-players/

The RFU saying that Atlas had not approached them, but if they did, heavy hints that the RFU would block the proposed Stourbridge deal.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2023, 06:41:14 PM »
I don?t think anyone can realistically switch allegiance. And Mike - hope you?re OK.
Thank you. I have days when the long covid symptoms (as I've never tested +ve) mean a 20 minute walk with the dog leaves me resting for hours....I need to use public transport to get to games - and longer journies can be a risk....and randomly so!

But - if we are playing next season, I will see you there!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2023, 08:14:46 PM »
I don?t think anyone can realistically switch allegiance. And Mike - hope you?re OK.
Thank you. I have days when the long covid symptoms (as I've never tested +ve) mean a 20 minute walk with the dog leaves me resting for hours....I need to use public transport to get to games - and longer journies can be a risk....and randomly so!

20 minutes? I can't do more than 50 yards without having to take rest and catch my breath. Before Covid, I could walk for 3 or 4 miles easy. I used to work as a volunteer lockkeeper for the CRT, had to give that up too. I can't stand and watch a rugby game. I have to sit, and park really nearby. Still can't get a blue badge though. I was a season ticket holder at Stratford upon Avon. Actually got to 2 matches.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2023, 12:46:44 PM »

20 minutes? I can't do more than 50 yards without having to take rest and catch my breath. Before Covid, I could walk for 3 or 4 miles easy. I used to work as a volunteer lockkeeper for the CRT, had to give that up too. I can't stand and watch a rugby game. I have to sit, and park really nearby. Still can't get a blue badge though. I was a season ticket holder at Stratford upon Avon. Actually got to 2 matches.
That's really bad. It was just an example - I've gone from Alpine walking holidays to sometimes barely making 100m with the dog. The 20mins was an example only. And the main problem is that the symptoms are random. That 100m can produce severe flu like symptoms with what seems like an inability to produce ATP for muscle use, or nothing at all - with no prior indications. I can't drive and so need to use public transport and so even a short trip is taking a risk.