Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23536 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2023, 11:56:54 AM »
I wasn't being entirely serious :)

I know.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2023, 12:14:53 PM »
I wish I could be as patient as some of you posters!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2023, 12:17:15 PM »
I wish I could be as patient as some of you posters!

No nails left

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2023, 01:01:11 PM »
Well, as long as it's the 'nails' and not the 'Neils' that have gone we'll survive.  Heads towards door.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2023, 01:28:44 PM »
I have got to the point where I don't have much positivity left !
I know stuff may be going on behind the scenes but I can't see how Wasps can have a team in place to start playing games in September (I assume the 23-24 season will start then?)

Hope I am wrong but just can't see Wasps playing anywhere next season :(

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2023, 01:31:35 PM »
I have got to the point where I don't have much positivity left !
I know stuff may be going on behind the scenes but I can't see how Wasps can have a team in place to start playing games in September (I assume the 23-24 season will start then?)

Hope I am wrong but just can't see Wasps playing anywhere next season :(

Anyone any idea how the WC impacts on the Championship start date?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2023, 02:03:09 PM »
Personally I reckon our Coach and most of the squad are already in place. In Logan?s interview a few weeks back he said he/they were inundated with calls from agents and players.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2023, 02:18:17 PM »
Personally I reckon our Coach and most of the squad are already in place. In Logans interview a few weeks back he said he/they were inundated with calls from agents and players.

he did but unless theres a hell of a lot of other stuff in place we dont know about (which is entirely possible) who in their right mind would sign up to club in Wasps position?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2023, 02:28:26 PM »
Personally I reckon our Coach and most of the squad are already in place. In Logans interview a few weeks back he said he/they were inundated with calls from agents and players.

he did but unless theres a hell of a lot of other stuff in place we dont know about (which is entirely possible) who in their right mind would sign up to club in Wasps position?

As I said a while back as a player IF there is a coach, a Training Base and guaranteed pay you will sign up in the current climate (of large player numbers being released). A lack of playing surface is left to the bosses. For all we know if there are staff signed up they may be party to what is going on - but I wouldn't bet on it after the last time.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2023, 02:29:16 PM »
Also we do not know if the proposal is for a Pro or Semi-Pro team.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2023, 02:56:09 PM »
IF there is a coach, a Training Base and guaranteed pay you will sign up in the current climate (of large player numbers being released)

The most important word in that sentence is "IF"

With what we know so far (acknowledging there may be a lot we don't know) not sure how New Wasps could be guaranteeing pay....

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »
IF there is a coach, a Training Base and guaranteed pay you will sign up in the current climate (of large player numbers being released)

The most important word in that sentence is "IF"

With what we know so far (acknowledging there may be a lot we don't know) not sure how New Wasps could be guaranteeing pay....

Exactly Paul, this is what WE know. We aren't being given much info at the moment and for me that's OK for the time being. There could be a very big delta between what we know/think is going on and what is actually happening. For balance, that could be in either direction (we could be less advanced in progress than we as fans think but we could also be far more advanced in progress too).

You only have to look at Atlas to see what happens when you say things in the media that turn out to be untrue or you allow things to be leaked onto social media. I think Wasps are trying to avoid that.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:12 PM »
You only have to look at Atlas to see what happens when you say things in the media that turn out to be untrue or you allow things to be leaked onto social media. I think Wasps are trying to avoid that.

Don't disagree but theres a balance to be struck. Some re-assuring noises would be nice about now !

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2023, 03:36:18 PM »

Don't disagree but theres a balance to be struck. Some re-assuring noises would be nice about now !

+1

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »

There are still a lot of out of work rugby pros. Anything might have an attraction rather than nothing.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!