Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23025 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Time for positivity.
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:07:13 PM »
Time for us to look forward rather than back! So on this wet old winters day why don’t we name one positive/good/exciting reason each about our return next season. For me….

Games at clubs like London Scottish, Richmond. Not on TV so like the BBC Grandstand/amateur days where you actually go to the games to see it, thus sharing time with oppo fans and families in a smaller more exciting atmosphere.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 12:22:16 PM »
Hopefully being able to double up on visiting my FinL in res care home in Solihull and seeing New Wasps. Plus reasons to go down the SW peninsula for a weekend away or going to Jersey for the first time.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 01:13:01 PM »
I'm feeling positive about the chance to go to some great away days that weren't possible during our time in the Premiership - thinking Cornwall in particular.

I'm also feeling positive about getting another chance to support our team. You don't know what you've got until it's gone, so I will be making even more of an effort to support our team.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 01:31:00 PM »
The fact that we are there at all and have survived.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 01:37:40 PM »
I’m really looking forward to some news about players joining us rather than the reverse. I’m also looking forward to really caring about the outcome of a game.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 01:45:57 PM »
It is still a very big IF.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
We have only provisional approval from the RFU, so that has to move to definitive. For that to happen, we need finance and a ground.

I suspect they will happen within hours of each other. The ground is likely sorted, so I would wonder why it is taking so long to get the full finance in place? The longer it takes, the less confident I would be. And I am already less than 50% confident.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 10:02:41 PM »
We have only provisional approval from the RFU, so that has to move to definitive. For that to happen, we need finance and a ground.

I suspect they will happen within hours of each other. The ground is likely sorted, so I would wonder why it is taking so long to get the full finance in place? The longer it takes, the less confident I would be. And I am already less than 50% confident.

The Christmas/ New Year holiday period could have much to do with it. That and RFU slowness in dealing with this.

If nothing is released by the end of January then I will be worried. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 09:16:16 AM »
I really have minimal confidence that we will be back, at the end of January that will be 0

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 10:40:38 AM »
 :) This has cheered me up in a bizarre way. Thread title to post 10 - how to change a direction. Don’t disagree with the sentiments really but I think I’m up at 75% it will happen.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2023, 11:22:23 AM »
I take confidence from the facts as we know them.

We have commited, passionate people driving this. Some of them are aslo extremely well connected to the world of business and finance.

OK, nothing is a given, but if this group cannot do it, then nobody can.

I fancy that we we may hear more by the end of this month.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 11:37:53 AM »
I am taking no news as good news.
If bad news was coming you would get very good odds that someone would leak if it was bad.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 07:57:57 AM »
Never quite understood the 'I've not heard anything so it must be bad news' take on things.

Things may not fully work out but I believe the people put in place are the best people to fix it with real Wasps people, as well as successful business people in charge.
The current perception that everyone needs to know everything is why so much fake news gets distributed.
We have no right to hear everything that is going on, yes we are all fans of the club, and yes we all want to hear what's happening but if they make a statement that says, "still progressing", then everyone will complain that there was no new news, if they don't say anything them everyone says it must be bad. I'm all for leaving it to the owners to actually sort it.

I think there is a lot to be positive about, also with regard to the end of Jan, that is still about 7 months from the start of the season. I think no movement by end of Feb and 6 months from the opening matches is a point where I'll start to worry a bit.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 09:11:48 AM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 09:52:50 AM »
A few people seem to have missed the thread title!!

In the spirit of being positive, I am looking forward to having a weekend in Jersey watching New Wasps play the reds