Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23352 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2023, 10:11:49 AM »
I'm still predicting end of Feb for news. A lot to do behind the scenes and it's better to say nothing until then.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2023, 10:25:25 AM »
Just because nothing has been announced, does'nt mean nothing has been happening, at least lets hope so.

At least a take over has been agreed & has taken place, better than Warriors at the moment.
Trying to be patient, but its hard!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2023, 10:43:24 AM »
it's better to say nothing until then.

I really disagree with this.  If a new Wasps is going to have any chance of surviving then they absolutely need to keep the fans on side.  I guarantee that thousands of people who would have followed the team in December are now disheartened enough that they've moved away.  A little communication goes a very long way.

The longer they leave it to bother engaging with us, the fewer of us there will be to engage with.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2023, 01:32:10 PM »

I really disagree with this.  If a new Wasps is going to have any chance of surviving then they absolutely need to keep the fans on side.  I guarantee that thousands of people who would have followed the team in December are now disheartened enough that they've moved away.  A little communication goes a very long way.

The longer they leave it to bother engaging with us, the fewer of us there will be to engage with.

ND claues preventing anything being said? Not wanting to negotiate under press scrutiny??

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2023, 01:49:53 PM »

ND claues preventing anything being said? Not wanting to negotiate under press scrutiny??

Quite likely.

However a simple we are moving in the right direction guys more news to come. This wouldn't go amiss.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2023, 06:05:26 PM »
According to Rugby Pass we have until 14th February to get over the line. Gulp
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/rfu-statement-championship-deadline-set-for-wasps-and-worcester/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:08:03 PM by bigad82 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2023, 06:22:03 PM »
According to Rugby Pass we have until 14th February to get over the line. Gulp
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/rfu-statement-championship-deadline-set-for-wasps-and-worcester/

Thanks for posting.  I knew that WW had until that date but makes sense for us to be similar. Count down the days!!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2023, 06:25:33 PM »
Also that suggests that the RFU are not yet satisfied or had anything acceptable presented.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2023, 06:26:52 PM »
Worcester Warriors: Atlas appointed new owners of former Premiership club - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64487553

Mentions Wasps as well.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2023, 07:33:23 PM »
RFU -

?In the case of Wasps, the RFU board conditionally approved the takeover, but not all the conditions set have yet been met, including the lodging of a bond and the signing of an agreement which commits the new club to the relevant conditions. Both would need to be done by the deadline for the approval to remain in place.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2023, 07:40:37 PM »
Wasps also have to find a ground. Whilst there have been rumours, nothing has been confirmed. Wasps' new owners were at least approved fit and proper, whereas WW's US owners/backers were not, and are still not. For Warriors, getting that approval of the US backers is the problem.

For us, we actually need some backers with real money. The provision of a ground is not, as far as I can see, part of the deal.

Warriors says they are not committed to elite rugby (ie Prem or Championship), but that they want to play rugby. Rugby League anyone?

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2023, 08:42:46 PM »
Well I have found a ground it's a bit out of the way.......
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131224838#/?channel=COM_BUY

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2023, 09:02:16 PM »

The view on the WW board is it had to be placed there by the Administrator BUT as another has found it was put on Rightmove only three days ago. Very Strange.

The other string on their board is the new owners could be planning to bring Wasps in. Can't see it. Paranoid.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2023, 09:10:19 PM »
The RFU deadline gives clarity in terms of a timescale but the reality is it makes no difference. If we aren?t sorted by 12th Feb then it probably isn?t happening anyway. Personally I think it will happen but there are obviously some criteria still to hit. At least we have a date when we?ll know.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2023, 09:27:06 PM »

The view on the WW board is it had to be placed there by the Administrator BUT as another has found it was put on Rightmove only three days ago. Very Strange.

The other string on their board is the new owners could be planning to bring Wasps in. Can't see it. Paranoid.

The sales agent (Eddisons) is owned by Begbies, the administrator. Nuff said.