Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23550 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2023, 09:37:30 PM »
The RFU deadline gives clarity in terms of a timescale but the reality is it makes no difference. If we aren?t sorted by 12th Feb then it probably isn?t happening anyway. Personally I think it will happen but there are obviously some criteria still to hit. At least we have a date when we?ll know.

I still hold to the view that if we hadn't got a squad sorted by the end of January, then we are highly unlikely to get a competitive squad ready for next season. But ... has anybody checked whether a Phoenix club, that has been granted permission to enter the Championship, has to do so the season after they became insolvent? I mean, let us say another club goes under in March. There would be no hope whatsoever that they could be ready by September. I am beginning to suspect that 23/24 will not be possible, but is 24/25 be allowed, and by then just how many fans will have walked away for good?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2023, 11:03:10 PM »
Not long to wait now.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2023, 09:09:35 AM »
Well one week down and one week to go.

Nice to see this site is peaceful  - or is that we think the worst and dare not voice it. At least we ate nor having the feeding frenzy of the WW board.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2023, 03:41:43 PM »
I get the feeling the words Oh bugger! Will be said in the next week or two.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2023, 10:20:36 AM »
I don't want to sound like an entitled fan demanding to know all the details on complex negotiations but Wasps new owners need to start speaking to their fans as realistically, the fans are the only link back to the original club.
Even bad news is better than new news right now.

Warriors don't have new owners yet, but when they do, they will have the same issue!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2023, 01:58:56 PM »
Kenny Logan wants you to come out with your feet or sponsorship to support the team - somewhere in the midlands.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »
Only too happy to oblige if possible.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2023, 09:14:23 AM »
Other half just spotted on twatter a rumour that Wasps have a 5 year agreement with Sixways new owners. I hope this isn't right for a number of reasons - mainly as it buggers up WW, personally a pig to get to and why go somewhere else where there is going to be animosity.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »
Geographically and personally Sixways would be incredibly wonderful for us, but ............  I can't see that working in a month of Sundays.  So many reasons against it  -  too many to count.  April 1st coming early methinks.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2023, 09:51:20 AM »
As has been mentioned elsewhere I cannot see the RFU agreeing to Wasps moving onto another pro teams patch.
Unless of course they no intention of sanctioning Warriors return to play because of unsuitable new owners....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2023, 09:53:08 AM »
As has been mentioned elsewhere I cannot see the RFU agreeing to Wasps moving onto another pro teams patch.
Unless of course they no intention of sanctioning Warriors return to play because of unsuitable new owners....

Your last point appears to be gaining ground

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2023, 10:51:25 AM »
I hope the rumour about Sixways is just that - a rumour.

Whilst it would be good for our club, we will find ourselves getting a very frosty reception to us moving into Sixways should WW not return. There is also the case that Worcester RFC are quite literally across the road, so a foreign club coming in may upset a few people as well.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2023, 11:06:50 AM »
If Wasps moved into Sixways  it would be a repeat of moving into the Ricoh and into Coventry, with a repeat ''welcome'' that would make the welcome from Skyblues pale into insignificance.  And justifiably so imo.  Also it would be ''dead men's shoes'' if Wuss didn't survive (God forbid)  And I wouldn't blame any of those reactions.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »
If Wasps moved into Sixways  it would be a repeat of moving into the Ricoh and into Coventry, with a repeat ''welcome'' that would make the welcome from Skyblues pale into insignificance.  And justifiably so imo.  Also it would be ''dead men's shoes'' if Wuss didn't survive (God forbid)  And I wouldn't blame any of those reactions.

+1

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2023, 11:20:36 AM »
Just on BBC:

Worcester Warriors have withdrawn their proposal to play in the Championship next season and will rebrand the club as Sixways Rugby, says owners Atlas.

Warriors had been given until 14 February to meet Rugby Football Union criteria to play in the second tier.

But Jim O'Toole, who led the Atlas takeover alongside James Sandford, said they have pulled out of talks.

"There were a number of key clauses in the contract that we couldn't sign," said O'Toole.

He told BBC Hereford & Worcestershire: "This decision will clearly upset and annoy a number of people.

"The sad fact of life is that the Worcester Warriors brand and the Worcester Warriors business is gone.

"The name sadly will disappear. We are rebranding as Sixways Rugby."

The new club will instead partner with fourth-tier side Stourbridge, who ex-Warriors chief executive O'Toole says will play at Sixways for the rest of the season.