Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23110 times)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2023, 06:07:18 PM »
There will also be a number of ex-Wasps/Worcester players who have signed short term contracts with other clubs, for substantially less than their previous contracts. Moving back to the region may be close to their home etc etc.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2023, 02:16:28 PM »
Time for Positivity - is it waning?

Personally think the outpouring from Atlas over a week ago put a significant stop /delay to our processes. Kind of suggests we were advancing in talks with them and their true stature became more obvious. In two days time it is March and for me that is close to crossing a significant threshold to keep our family interested. Here is hoping - very soon!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2023, 06:12:39 PM »
Hang in there neils! Does feel like the shambles at Wuss has caught us in its web a bit. Maybe time to declare for Solihull and move on?

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2023, 06:41:03 PM »
Time for Positivity - is it waning?

Personally think the outpouring from Atlas over a week ago put a significant stop /delay to our processes. Kind of suggests we were advancing in talks with them and their true stature became more obvious. In two days time it is March and for me that is close to crossing a significant threshold to keep our family interested. Here is hoping - very soon!

My positivity hasn't waned. I still feel as positive about Wasps coming back as before but it's difficult to deny that Atlas have certainly put a huge spanner in the works. The golden question, in my opinion, isn't "if" but "when". Yes, things are far from certain (I accept that the "when" could very well influence the "if"), but we are much further down the road than Worcester are and with a lot less controversy.

I certainly don't feel delusional, but it feels easier to be positive about Wasps coming back as my mindset is still with Wasps being gone. If all of this falls flat, nothing will have materially changed since we went bust.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2023, 06:43:05 PM »
Hang in there neils! Does feel like the shambles at Wuss has caught us in its web a bit. Maybe time to declare for Solihull and move on?

That I agree with.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2023, 09:09:02 PM »
Plus 1.  Wasps is fortunate in having  the Legends working on our behalf. They are professional, intelligent, and the opposite of Atlas.  If anyone can sort out this mess they can.  If they have to keep schtum it must be for a good reason.  But please God - can we know soon.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2023, 10:35:58 PM »
Plus 1.  Wasps is fortunate in having  the Legends working on our behalf. They are professional, intelligent, and the opposite of Atlas.  If anyone can sort out this mess they can.  If they have to keep schtum it must be for a good reason.  But please God - can we know soon.

:) :) :)

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2023, 07:36:46 AM »
There will also be a number of ex-Wasps/Worcester players who have signed short term contracts with other clubs, for substantially less than their previous contracts. Moving back to the region may be close to their home etc etc.

And Welsh players too by the sounds of things. Along with some of the premiership squad players who will inevitably be dropped to balance the books.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
No news is good news, so the saying goes.

It's all *very* quiet though... something to stir the soul would be good!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2023, 09:37:53 PM »
Is there actually a date when you have to declare a squad for the upcoming season? I know everyone keeps saying it takes time to sort these things out but when does it become too late to be ready for next season

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2023, 12:55:40 PM »
Nothing wrong with that, you show me someone who would pay more tax than they needed to and i'll show you a liar.

Extremely rich coming from The Daily Mail, the same Daily Mail whose Billionaire owner claimed non-dom status in order to avoid paying tax on his stately home

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2023, 06:20:34 PM »
Meanwhile at Worcester.........https://youtu.be/kfLrox__JPs

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2023, 06:37:57 PM »
Meanwhile at Worcester.........https://youtu.be/kfLrox__JPs

Yes the Worcester board were waiting for this. Thankfully most verbals concerning Wasps have been disappeared!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »
Crikey. What a pile of crud.