Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Article in mail on Odogwu  (Read 1111 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Article in mail on Odogwu
« on: January 15, 2023, 11:58:40 AM »
Interesting interview covering  racial problems ( though seems not a problem at Wasps due to being a diverse lot already) . Enjoying time Paris , with no decision at moment about playing for a country as he wants to secure full time contract.

Also seems there are boxes of his and Umaga’s designer rugby tops sitting somewhere ,seized in the winding up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-11635729/England-contender-Paolo-Odogwu-backs-Luther-Burrell-shocking-racism-revelations.html

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Article in mail on Odogwu
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 12:45:35 PM »
I mentioned on twitter that those shirts will probably see light of day on a TV show being bought in a government property / storage auction.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 07:41:32 AM »
I know Paolo mentions they belong to the Government, but do they, wouldn't they have been part of the memorabilia that was bought by our new owners?

Also, not sure why they don't just release the picture, doesn't make any difference now, but I'd live to see it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 08:04:39 AM »
Not too sure but I thought a bit of it was shown when they described it on CovLive back in the summer.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 08:47:38 AM »
I would imagine that all the kit, contents of the shop, belong to the Administrators until someone buys it. I expect that the New Wasps owners will buy it if they have a use for it and get it at serious discount.

Of course there unlikely to be many other interested parties.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 09:05:47 AM »
I would imagine that all the kit, contents of the shop, belong to the Administrators until someone buys it. I expect that the New Wasps owners will buy it if they have a use for it and get it at serious discount.

Of course there unlikely to be many other interested parties.

This party would like one.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 09:34:09 AM »
Good article, I enjoyed that - thanks for posting.

Reminded me a lot of what he said in this previous article: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paolo-odogwu-as-a-black-player-i-wasnt-comfortable-at-my-old-clubs-now-i-can-be-myself-at-wasps-rcnc6w92t

Really great guy, as well as a classy player. Hope everything goes well for him and he gets his contract offer from SF.