Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Cracking Kenny Logan Interview - Something Positive  (Read 1752 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Cracking Kenny Logan Interview - Something Positive
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 11:01:34 PM »
Thanks Mike. I?ve had a different urology problem a few years ago and had a scan then so am aware the procedure.

The worst I was was when I got called in after the bloods and read the NHS website, very depressing, but my doc was great. As I said, he walked me through it and was quite relaxed because I have no other symptoms.

I do recommend everyone get a PSI regularly so they have a baseline. I have an old army friend who pays for one every 6 months. It?s not the level per se but the direction of travel.

I had a minor bladder op in 1996 and the surgeon told me afterwards, that he had a 'nibble' at my prostate. He advised me to get a PSA test done every year, which I have done. Always between 0.3 and 0.4. As you say, if it spikes, then time for further investigation.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Cracking Kenny Logan Interview - Something Positive
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 08:52:23 AM »
Thanks Mike. I?ve had a different urology problem a few years ago and had a scan then so am aware the procedure.

The worst I was was when I got called in after the bloods and read the NHS website, very depressing, but my doc was great. As I said, he walked me through it and was quite relaxed because I have no other symptoms.

I do recommend everyone get a PSI regularly so they have a baseline. I have an old army friend who pays for one every 6 months. It?s not the level per se but the direction of travel.

That's ok, then, it was of interest to me as I used to be a scientist, I find the people doing the diagnostics are happier to talk through stuff than my GP......(My vet is better!)  Mere coincidence - I had a call in for a PSI monitor two years after that - so hopefully all ok. I'll look into paying for one. That's a great idea.

The NHS website does try to be "balanced" but that can look a little "dramatic"!