Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph  (Read 19010 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2023, 06:48:19 PM »
+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2023, 07:54:39 PM »
As I understand it not having a P Share does not proclude you from the Premiership but it does exclude you from TV etc funding.
Doesn?t the whole P share thing fall away once the term of the CVC investment ends?

If it doesn?t then the Prem won?t (shouldn?t) have the right to negotiate deals on behalf of any team that doesn?t get their share of television rights for the games they appear in.

P Share was there before CVC. Exeter had to buy one off of Yorkshire Carnegie I think. CVC involvement just means the Premiership get 27% less of the TV money. I must admit I do not see CVC earning their over a quarter share by expanding the game!!
Thanks.

So any promoted club needs to have either access to someone else's P shares or be able to buy a proportion off each of the other shareholders in order to compete on a level playing field?

If the other clubs don't agree to that sale what happens next? Either no promotion or the scenario I outlined about TV money?

I beginning to think we need a sugar daddy league where they can do what they like with wage caps etc and which they can ring fence if they want, but no bail outs or other money from the RFU, and then for what is now the Championship to become the top of a meritocratic pyramid.

Lots of things to be ironed out ref England players, but frankly given the way the EAs' players act with all that hollering and hooping I'd be happy for the RFU to say they're only picking for the meritocrat structure if push came to shove.

About the new league, this is what I suggested on another thread.

The league can be closed and based on a similar concept where entry to the league is based on an application process. If your application is accepted you are invited to join. This could be marketed as a "Super League" style league.

You then have the Premiership below that which is everyone else. Better representation across the leagues and broadcasting can be done better with a PRTV style subscription - and can either be bought as a full package (showing all games) or you buy a club pack which is for your club of choice.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2023, 12:47:11 PM »
You do wonder if this "Wasps to play at Sixways " could have arisen from either Atlas or a journalists mind putting 2+2=5.  I can not see anything arising from the exceedingly silent Legends.

Somebody stirring perchance?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2023, 02:00:05 PM »
I have reservations concerning Atlas anyway.  It would feel as is we had Sisu as the landlord and Wasps as tenants, and I'm not sure I fancy that.  The main advantage so far as I can guess is (presuming all this speculation proves reliable)  that a tenancy of (as mooted) 5 years is 5 years breathing space as opposed to two years panic buying;  this would allow solid planning for a secure future and permanent 'home' as opposed to hasty planning and more moving around again.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2023, 02:32:08 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2023, 02:44:29 PM »
Seemingly confirmed at Atlas Q and A

https://twitter.com/RhysBigGunSmith/status/1626950784221937670?t=Gu-sFyH5TfKUW7EuVsHZUw&s=19

Well they got in before Wasps can let us know.  Need to duck for the vitriol incoming.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2023, 03:44:20 PM »
It?s a good option in reality. Prem standard stadium. Hate the plastic though.Stourbridge basically cease to exist!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »
From the Sixways Forum -

- The club is going to be called Worcester Warriors after all
- The team will be Stourbridge (at whatever level they finish the season) renamed as Worcester Warriors with new coaches and players
- If Stourbridge members reject the plan, WW will start at the bottom of the pyramid
- Wasps will play at Sixways for a 3 year period
- Wasps do have a plan to have their own stadium and will have moved out by the time WW reach the Championship
- Wasps will support the Foundation and provide players to play for WW

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2023, 04:12:48 PM »
From the Sixways Forum -

- Wasps will support the Foundation and provide players to play for WW

I'll settle for us having some players of our own.

Seriously though, while it may be the best solution, it still feels a bit shitty

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2023, 05:01:20 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2023, 05:03:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/WaspsKitMan/status/1626989189978783745

Pudsey says this is not correct

Yep

Interesting the Worcester news guy has taken their lead and published.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2023, 06:24:28 PM »
Is the Paul Smith being abusive in that thread the same Mr Smith reporting around Coventry and somewhat involved after that?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2023, 06:29:38 PM »
The Wasps tweet has disappeared, so here it is (clever lad snapped a photo):

MarleyWasp

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2023, 07:17:16 PM »
Is the Paul Smith being abusive in that thread the same Mr Smith reporting around Coventry and somewhat involved after that?

I don't think so, but if he is suggesting we should groundshare with Boreham Wood FC, then I am all in favour. The fact that I live so close to the ground I can currently hear the crowd singing is purely coincidental.