Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph  (Read 18566 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2023, 02:46:52 PM »
Analysis - 'This not a done deal'

BBC rugby correspondent Chris Jones

While Atlas say they will partner with Stourbridge, become Sixways Rugby, and play at Sixways, it is not a done deal.

Any tie-up with Stourbridge will need to be approved by their members. The club is holding a Special General Meeting on Friday night.

Interestingly, in the letter sent to Stourbridge members there is no mention of the club moving to Sixways as Atlas suggest in their exclusive interview with BBC Hereford & Worcester.

There is also anger from former Warriors employees that this latest development will mean the millions of pounds owed to rugby creditors will go unpaid.

One former member of management has branded it "absolutely disgusting". Supporters will also be devastated that their beloved club won't be coming back.

It's also understood any name change would need to be approved by the RFU, who have been contacted for their response.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »
I do not like this at all.

I don't know if I can support that team.

Once a Wasps always a Wasp. So I will support them if we indeed end up in Worcester

Well if it saves us I'm all for it and I fully endorse the Once A Wasp Always A Wasp ethos. I will support the club wherever they play whether that's Carlisle, Dover, Lowestoft, Cornwall or Worcester.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2023, 02:55:29 PM »
If I was a Stourbridge member I wold be biting the hand off anyone who if offering me money/resources.
yes they will need to have some agreement on what happens to the rest of the club & I can't honestly see the point of them playing at Sixways but the rest on the surface looks positive for them.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2023, 02:58:33 PM »
It?s beyond question that I?d support Wasps if we moved to Sixways. I don?t see the difference between there and Loftus Road, Adams Park or the Ricoh from a moral perspective. If anything it?s rescuing an empty building. My main worry is pushing so much through before the 14th. If we aren?t allowed to compete in the Championship next year we will be finished.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2023, 03:00:14 PM »
I do not like this at all.

It feels almost as if they've sat down and planned out the only possible move that would be even less popular than moving to Coventry.

I don't know if I can support that team.

Well i don't think we planned calling in the administrators. It may well be that alarm bells were raised about the Worcester bid and they reached out to our buyers.

Like many i would love to see us just off the Chiltern Line, but for now thats not going to happen. I guess if we move to Sixways then this will be long term, where Solihul would off been short term.

I'm sure that there will be a very vocal amount of WW fans that would never go to a game at Sixways, but on the counter side there will also be a number that given the chance of going to see Premership rugby or not will go (assuming we can get promotion). I'm not sure there should be a lot of hatred towards Wasps as i can't see how we have caused their demise. We will also get to see if all these so called Coventry faithful will make the trip.

Once a Wasps always a Wasp. So i will support them if we indeed end up in Worcester, but going to be tough for now attending games from Princeton NJ :)

Are you from NJ? I didn't realise Wasps influence would travel so far! Nice to see you a part of the forum  :D

I'm one of the fans picked up during the Coventry era and will still be making an effort to go and support the club. Forget ownership, this is the only club I felt I could connect with. Sure, it helped with some of the beautiful rugby we've watched over the years but there's no club like this one.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2023, 03:26:23 PM »
This seems to be Atlas giving the middle finger to the RFU and using Wasps in the process.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 03:31:29 PM »
I am a new supporter from the Coventry era. Frankly, I wish we were the ones giving two fingers to the RFU and starting from the bottom.   

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2023, 03:43:51 PM »
The question isn't whether I will support the club I've loved for decades if they move? The question is, is a new collection of players, new coaches, and a new venue actually still the club I've loved for decades?

In reality that isn't an objective decision. I didn't like the move to Cov when it happened, but I rapidly found it didn't actually matter. Wasps were Wasps, and nothing else mattered.

Time will tell how I emotionally feel about this team called Wasps...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

billy2fist

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2023, 03:48:08 PM »
VV. Have to agree this won't be the same wasps as before. However if they come back I will support the team.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2023, 04:20:13 PM »
The question isn't whether I will support the club I've loved for decades if they move? The question is, is a new collection of players, new coaches, and a new venue actually still the club I've loved for decades?

In reality that isn't an objective decision. I didn't like the move to Cov when it happened, but I rapidly found it didn't actually matter. Wasps were Wasps, and nothing else mattered.

Time will tell how I emotionally feel about this team called Wasps...

I haven't always agreed with you over the years VV but that's very accurate IMO. The only saving grace of "New Wasps" should be that the owners are, on the face of it, Wasps Legends & will have a good idea about what made Wasps special in the first place & hopefully they can replicate it....

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2023, 04:26:34 PM »
Let?s be pragmatic. It won?t be the Wasps of old. But it will be the nearest thing to it by a long chalk. The ownership, the new Board all, in fact, have Wasps connections. If there is enough funding to move to Sixways we may even see the odd squad player from old Wasps back. In Logan?s interview he referenced the fact that he was in continuous dialogue with agents/players. There is obviously interest - being able to offer Henley as a training centre and Sixways as a stadium is a good recruiting tool.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »
I?ve alway taken Wasps to be an ethos, a spirit, and not a location. I think it?s what appealed once I started being attracted to the club.

That?s why I said some time ago that if the club can afford it they should try to get one or 2 players who were part of the club when it folded. Ideally I?d like Joe Launchbury to come back at some time because he epitomises that ethos but I accept that can?t happen for a year or 2. I?m sure everyone could think of others and have their favourites.

Chins

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2023, 05:08:20 PM »
It?s beyond question that I?d support Wasps if we moved to Sixways. I don?t see the difference between there and Loftus Road, Adams Park or the Ricoh from a moral perspective. If anything it?s rescuing an empty building. My main worry is pushing so much through before the 14th. If we aren?t allowed to compete in the Championship next year we will be finished.

Are we still not waiting on the outcome of if there will be promotion or not. That would impact our set of investors. If there is then hopefully we will have some reasonable backing and can make this happen. Lets dream and think we did put out a competitive team next year, with Sixways we have a route to the Prem. In Solihull we would have to move again. Am I missing something ?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2023, 05:47:33 PM »
Does anyone have any insider info on the Wuss supporters views? I feel guilty about all this.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »
Does anyone have any insider info on the Wuss supporters views? I feel guilty about all this.

Well - if you were to look at the WW Forum you would find they are not pleased. Great anger towards their new buyers (and still the old), the RFU for allowing it (not sure what they could do where an Administrator is involved) and, of course, the franchise cuckoos from London. Actually not so much at Wasps apart from the fact they think we are "the favoured heritage team".

Let me tell you something cucumber