Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph  (Read 18793 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2023, 05:48:20 PM »
What surface do the Moors play on? Sixways is plastic.

Mud and grass I think.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2023, 07:56:11 PM »
What surface do the Moors play on? Sixways is plastic.

Coconut rather than rubber crumbs though.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2023, 08:02:32 PM »
Purely a theory, but Coventry Rugby Club weren't happy with us moving to Solihull when it was first rumoured as they felt it was encroaching on their turf (even though Bedford and Ampthill and then Ealing, London Scottish and Richmond are all closer to each other than Solihull Moors FC is to Butts Park Arena). Suppose they kick up a fuss with the RFU leading to Solihull no longer being an option?

In that event Wasps would need to find a ground in the West Midlands that they can play at, sufficiently far enough away from Coventry. If Birmingham had been ruled out that doesn't leave a lot of alternative options.

Whilst I am not thrilled at the thought of Wasps moving to Sixways, even temporarily, if it's a choice of Sixways or no Wasps at all, it's not really a choice in my opinion

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »
Purely a theory, but Coventry Rugby Club weren't happy with us moving to Solihull when it was first rumoured as they felt it was encroaching on their turf (even though Bedford and Ampthill and then Ealing, London Scottish and Richmond are all closer to each other than Solihull Moors FC is to Butts Park Arena). Suppose they kick up a fuss with the RFU leading to Solihull no longer being an option?

In that event Wasps would need to find a ground in the West Midlands that they can play at, sufficiently far enough away from Coventry. If Birmingham had been ruled out that doesn't leave a lot of alternative options.

Whilst I am not thrilled at the thought of Wasps moving to Sixways, even temporarily, if it's a choice of Sixways or no Wasps at all, it's not really a choice in my opinion

I would really hope that the RFU would query and challenge that complaint considering how contradictory Coventry RFC's statement was in the local paper. They were annoyed we were looking at Solihull because it wasn't following the regulation at the time which would've required us to restart in Coventry. But they didn't want us in Coventry either so we'd be damned if we did and damned if we didn't.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2023, 09:21:54 AM »
Unusually I missed this article in the Mail. Just a small part but kind of sums up WW -

CHRIS FOY: Red card may spell end for Manu Tuilagi's England career https://mol.im/a/11769809 via https://dailym.ai/android
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2023, 09:26:10 AM »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2023, 10:09:01 AM »
Unusually I missed this article in the Mail. Just a small part but kind of sums up WW -

CHRIS FOY: Red card may spell end for Manu Tuilagi's England career https://mol.im/a/11769809 via https://dailym.ai/android
Just been listening to the Telegraph rugby pod while I was out hiking and they discussed that red card so I looked it up when I got back.

That?s got to be 4 matches minimum which means he won?t be playing in the 6N so that must be the end of his international career, for England at least.

https://twitter.com/jaredwright17/status/1626967250832859136?s=61&t=mSRoKXOU1GtOGoQxSi0zAg

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2023, 10:31:26 PM »
Yet another twist.

Worcester and Wasps? future in doubt as councillors plot to seize Sixways from owners

https://www.cityam.com/worcester-and-wasps-future-in-doubt-as-councillors-plot-to-seize-sixways-from-owners/

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2023, 10:37:07 PM »
Nice to see a council in this country with millions to spare for a token measure. I hope the general council tax payers have a voice about cuts happening when funds are wasted on such a senseless exercise.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2023, 10:42:30 AM »
Nice to see a council in this country with millions to spare for a token measure.

From that report it looks like the Mayor (not wanting to spend any money he has access to) is asking the council to spend their money buying it. I presume the compulsory purchase process is long & convoluted? Which won't help anyone keep rugby at Sixways! There's not time to mess around with this, which he must know so its just a political gesture to show he tried!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »
In other, completely unrelated, news I note from the Electoral Commission website that there's local elections in Worcester this year.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2023, 11:32:50 AM »
Worth noting as well that the councillors who have come up with this idea are councillors of Worcester City Council and Sixways is in the district of Wychavon District Council.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »
I was originally quite accepting of going to Wuss for, say, three years  but I'm now  hoping that we clew up somewhere quite different (tho' not London which imo is already at saturation point for rugby clubs). 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2023, 01:17:21 PM »
I was originally quite accepting of going to Wuss for, say, three years  but I'm now  hoping that we clew up somewhere quite different (tho' not London which imo is already at saturation point for rugby clubs).

+1

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2023, 02:51:46 PM »
Plus 1, Gaz.  There have (often by chance) been so many obstacles and so much vocal opprobrium thrown at us lately  that I have gone off the whole Wuss exercise.  And it would be perfect for my family to go to even for maybe 3 years  -  hoping we could be sorted out in 3 years. Any Wuss supporters in our favour seem few, and very quiet!  I'm fed  up with the whole Wuss thing. I don't believe Wasps wants to buy Sixways either.  No money!  I hope we settle elsewhere,  and quickly but Wuss will have to find  someone somewhere PDQ.  I hope wee steer clear.  Hope I haven't offended anyone too much. Just my opinion .