Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph  (Read 18603 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps to Sixways - Telegraph
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2023, 03:08:11 PM »
Plus 1, Gaz.  There have (often by chance) been so many obstacles and so much vocal opprobrium thrown at us lately  that I have gone off the whole Wuss exercise.  And it would be perfect for my family to go to even for maybe 3 years  -  hoping we could be sorted out in 3 years. Any Wuss supporters in our favour seem few, and very quiet!  I'm fed  up with the whole Wuss thing. I don't believe Wasps wants to buy Sixways either.  No money!  I hope we settle elsewhere,  and quickly but Wuss will have to find  someone somewhere PDQ.  I hope wee steer clear.  Hope I haven't offended anyone too much. Just my opinion .

I think the whole Worcester thing is an unmitigated mess with no certainty of continued ownership of the site yet plus things associated with Stourbridge could still unravel quickly.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2023, 01:56:25 AM »
Too  many bear traps for me right now. Ways in which it could go horribly wrong seem plentiful.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2023, 08:00:37 AM »
Too right.  Avoid!  Can't see much (if any) benefit for Wasps but an awful lot of possible drawbacks .

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2023, 01:23:15 PM »
I agree Sixways isn't the ideal venue to rock up at and Wasps should definitely not purchase the Stadium outright but I think people are forgetting that there really isn't many options out there for us and perhaps a short term lease in Worcester is about the best we can hope for.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2023, 10:51:36 PM »
I think that our new owners and the Legends are wise enough not to go down any road that has jeopardy attached to it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »
Yesterday in Worcester local news -

Worcester Warriors: Stourbridge will not rush Sixways move
25th February
By Marcello Cossali-Francis
@Mcossalifrancis
Reporter

MEMBERS of the management committee at Stourbridge met with Bill Sweeney and RFU representatives on Friday evening.

The meeting saw both parties touch base amidst proposals to relocate the club's first team to Sixways under the Worcester Warriors name by the new owners Jim O'Toole and James Sandford (Atlas).

Club chairman Miles Edge was keen to emphasise that the meeting was very much an introductory one, with plenty of things to happen before any decision making process.

"They (the RFU) came and met our management committee, to touch base on the situation," he said.

"There are lots of things yet to happen on both ends; the RFU, Atlas and ourselves, but this is obviously an opportunity for the club. Covid and injuries have impacted us, as well as other factors and obviously, you look at our club and see what we should be capable of.

"But nothing will be done before we do our own due diligence and we put everything in front of our members."

There remains no date on a vote, with the details of the agreement still being written up.

Atlas themselves are still in a 90-day completion period to confirm their take-over at Sixways and the RFU are still to sanction the deal, after turning down their application for Warriors to play in The Championship earlier this month.

So this process still has a way to go before anything can begin to move forward.

Stourbridge remain at the bottom of the National League 2 after a 17-10 defeat to Luctonians on Saturday.

They remain favourites to be relegated from the semi-professional game and into Midlands 1, one league above the likes of Worcester, Malvern, Droitwich and Evesham.

But Atlas have speicified that will have little impact on any of the future plans.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2023, 11:41:11 AM »
Interesting. Atlas have 90 days to complete (thus by the end of April 2023) the deal with the administrators. It is clear that they have yet to complete. Until they do, Wasps cannot announce where they will play, nor sell season tickets based on that. It is possible that Wasps have signed a deal with Atlas, contingent on Atlas being the owners, and that the RFU raise no objections.

Thus it would be correct that Wasps may have signed a deal (Atlas have said), and that there is no (finalised) agreement in place (Wasps have said).

This is going to be a boring 8 weeks ahead.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2023, 10:28:36 PM »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2023, 05:10:26 PM »
Tweet from Andy Goode:

Hearing/hoping Atlas may have got cold feet and Jim O?Toole is looking for  other investors.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2023, 05:17:43 PM »
Tweet from Andy Goode:

Hearing/hoping Atlas may have got cold feet and Jim O?Toole is looking for  other investors.

Doesn't help us if we were going that way.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2023, 09:46:56 AM »
Fans raise fresh concerns over Worcester takeover https://mol.im/a/11849299 via https://dailym.ai/android

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2023, 10:22:22 AM »
Yes read that earlier and well covered by the WW board. Their concerns coming true slowly.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2023, 01:01:57 PM »
Yes read that earlier and well covered by the WW board. Their concerns coming true slowly.

Which is why Wasps should cut away from that deal and take what is on offer from Moors. Through all of this the silence is deafening.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »

Agreed and Moors manager told a fans Q&A thar they were still firmly talking to Wasps after the Atlas fans forum so there is hope.

Which is why Wasps should cut away from that deal and take what is on offer from Moors. Through all of this the silence is deafening.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2023, 03:29:32 PM »
I think it's interesting that the only real difference between Wuss and us, is that the RFU have approved us, and not them.

And I don't trust the RFU at all.

Both clubs have a group approved by the administrators, that contains people previously connected with the club and people with a business background.

Neither of them have actually said anything about what is happening, and yet we all write Wuss off as being doomed for failure, and Wasps as being honourable, efficient people who will make it all good.

Because the RFU approved of them.

The same organisation who have created the situation in the first place, and also killed off the national game.  The same organisation who applaud cheats, and change the rules for their pet thugs when it suits them to.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here