Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Judgement Day - or is it?  (Read 6665 times)

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Judgement Day - or is it?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2023, 05:37:13 PM »
Hats off to all concerned, I really was expecting a funeral and not a celebration.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2023, 05:40:02 PM »
And humungous sympathy to Wuss.  ''Never give up.''

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2023, 05:41:59 PM »
This is definitely good news. But I'm waiting to hear more before I can say this is my Wasps and not just a completely different entity with a shared logo.

Very disappointed we've heard nothing from the "club". How hard is it to knock out a few tweets?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2023, 05:43:18 PM »
From the evolving Beeb siote -

The Rugby Football Union has confirmed that Wasps - currently without a home - will play in next season's Championship.

But, having first rejected Worcester Warriors' application to participate on 16 December, the RFU has also now confirmed that they will not take part.

This followed discussions with Warriors' new owners, the Atlas Group.

Following their departure from Coventry after going into administration, Wasps remain without a ground to play at.

A Wasps spokesperson said: "We remain in positive dialogue with the RFU and thank them for their continued support as we work to secure our future.

"Recent events have highlighted, more than ever, the importance of long-term sustainable investment.

"Our focus remains on stabilising the club financially and Wasps playing in the Championship next season."
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2023, 05:44:10 PM »
THey seem to have got somebody from Wasps to speak - maybe a comment on their site soon - please.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2023, 05:49:48 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2023, 05:52:20 PM »

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2023, 06:29:29 PM »
Fuller BBC report -

Championship: RFU confirms Wasps' place for 2023-24 but not Worcester Warriors - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64623377

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2023, 06:56:25 PM »
You'd think that with all of the recent scrutiny, that the RFU might opt to go for full and complete transparency and share the 'plan' or details of the application that we've submitted.

A fairly cryptic (or perhaps i'm reading into it too much) Tweet from the Wasps Legends account:

We look forward to working closely and collaboratively with Wasps RFC & FC in creating a thriving community

Difficult for the Amateur Club and the new entity in RFC to work closely and collaboratively if they're 100 miles apart.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2023, 08:26:55 PM »
As part of proposals accepted by the sport's governing body, a groundshare agreement has been reached with a Midlands venue, which will be announced in the near future, to host its home games.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2023, 08:28:38 PM »
You'd think that with all of the recent scrutiny, that the RFU might opt to go for full and complete transparency and share the 'plan' or details of the application that we've submitted.

A fairly cryptic (or perhaps i'm reading into it too much) Tweet from the Wasps Legends account:

We look forward to working closely and collaboratively with Wasps RFC & FC in creating a thriving community

Difficult for the Amateur Club and the new entity in RFC to work closely and collaboratively if they're 100 miles apart.

They were working together before they went bust, all 3 teams had the same kit, ladies were training in Henley.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2023, 08:44:26 PM »
As part of proposals accepted by the sport's governing body, a groundshare agreement has been reached with a Midlands venue, which will be announced in the near future, to host its home games.
For me that narrows it down to CBS or Solihull. Sixways wouldn?t be shared. Still time for something left field here??

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
For me that narrows it down to CBS or Solihull. Sixways wouldn?t be shared. Still time for something left field here??

Things will go up like napalm if its the CBSA.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2023, 09:54:33 PM »

Could still be Sixways. Groundshare could mean football or another rugby team - Sixways Rugby (aka Stourbridge RFC First Team).