Always a Wasp

Author Topic: From the WW Forum - Wasps info  (Read 6343 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: From the WW Forum - Wasps info
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2023, 10:24:33 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks our new owners aren't being entirely open, transparent and honest about this process?

It's easy to blame Atlas after their recent behaviour, but we have literally no idea what is going on at Wasps. I am not willing to give them my complete unwavering trust just because they bought a brand.
They have said as much as Derek has.

Derek isn't trying to revive a dead rugby club that is absolutely reliant on fan support to stand any chance of success.

Also have you considered that he might be staying quiet in order to not cause any bad feeling that may damage the chances of any future club? Let's imagine that there were serious fallings out before the end, and that some of the people on the other side of the argument are still involved. How would a former owner detailing that help the new club?

Derek has lost truly mind-blowing amounts of money in this and if he is at fault it is simply for not being a bottomless pit of cash for other people to take.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2023, 10:34:25 AM »
When the time is right, we will get the big announcement. The new management want to get all their ducks in a row first.

All negotiations will be covered bt NDAs and CA agreements.

In the meantime, bask in the thought that Wasps will have a future, unless there is a very last minute catastrophe.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks our new owners aren't being entirely open, transparent and honest about this process?

It's easy to blame Atlas after their recent behaviour, but we have literally no idea what is going on at Wasps. I am not willing to give them my complete unwavering trust just because they bought a brand.

Derek isn't trying to revive a dead rugby club that is absolutely reliant on fan support to stand any chance of success.

Also have you considered that he might be staying quiet in order to not cause any bad feeling that may damage the chances of any future club? Let's imagine that there were serious fallings out before the end, and that some of the people on the other side of the argument are still involved. How would a former owner detailing that help the new club?

Derek has lost truly mind-blowing amounts of money in this and if he is at fault it is simply for not being a bottomless pit of cash for other people to take.

+1

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2023, 11:23:56 AM »
I absolutely agree with the last 2 statements (from VV and Heathen).

The guys in charge of the "new" Wasps have enough international level business knowledge between them to know not to say anything that could be misinterpreted, so are choosing to say nothing until everything is in place.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2023, 01:07:05 PM »
Everything written in the posts above (page 4) is spot on the button.  Well said gentlemen.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2023, 02:39:46 PM »

You appeared to be questioning the silence of the new owners and implying they might not be trustworthy, at least that is how it came across. I don't agree if that is what you meant.

I think the comparison with Derek's similar level of silence is fair. You trust the guy in charge on the way  to oblivion and who says nothing but not the purchasers who are equally lacking in public prouncements but have at this time not done anything that we know of. That seems a bit odd to me.
Criticising Wasps Legends for silence is not right when their silence is obviously due to the situation not being finalised.

For the second point, no, I don't want an explanation.I think all Derek has to do is say sorry for how things turned out, not start a discussion  as to exact blame or any such. If he does or doesn't it won't matter. I am happy to leave that out of any debate, but let us leave Wasps Legends to do their thing and judge on the outcome.
Our new owners have a right to say nothing, and would be well advised to do so until everything is in place.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 04:53:04 PM by westwaleswasp »

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »
When the time is right, we will get the big announcement. The new management want to get all their ducks in a row first.

All negotiations will be covered bt NDAs and CA agreements.

In the meantime, bask in the thought that Wasps will have a future, unless there is a very last minute catastrophe.

That sounds like the re-assurances we were given when there were rumours of going bust. "Don't worry its all under control, we'll announce good news soon"
I'm not suggesting anyone's lying, or doenst know what they are doing but I will not be confident of Wasps surviving until they run out for the first Championship game

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2023, 09:43:10 PM »
Atlas sound rather desperate.
- Remember they made an offer for WW that the RFU didn't think was sustainable.
- They started by saying that WW would "merge" with Stourbridge with a new club Sixway Rugby or similar but within days in response to protests said they would keep the WW name. That was such an obvious reaction from WW fans it makes you wonder why they ever suggested it. Have they got agreement in principle with Stourbridge yet?
- They announced they had an agreement in principle for Wasps to move to Sixway for training and matches. No comment from the new Wasps owners to agree with that. Places Atlas in a weaker position.
The new Wasps owners are doing the right thing in not making any public statement before there is any formal agreement in place. Good for them. Many of us will have been in the situation of having agreed in principle to buy a new home - but we don't make a big announcement saying so until we have checked the surveys and available finance.
I know we would all like the new owners to say something with all the rumours and conjecture. Good for them to resist the temptation to do so until there is a legal agreement

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
Plus 1, Welsh.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2023, 10:22:55 AM »
Atlas don't sound like nice people to do business with.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2023, 11:10:08 AM »
Sounds like they have held discussions with Wasps and are now trying to force the issue but they could have well shot themselves in the foot.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2023, 11:21:58 AM »
..... or the mouth.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »
A new one from their forum  -
Wasps own Atlas!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2023, 01:29:43 PM »
Where did you find that??!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2023, 01:31:12 PM »
  ..............  which thread of WW I mean??