Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Exeter: Just What Does This Mean?  (Read 1120 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Exeter: Just What Does This Mean?
« on: February 22, 2023, 10:44:18 AM »
Message from Tony Roe attached below. Is this some kind of pre-emptive strike? There will be (at least) 2 less home games at Sandy Park next season so apparently season ticket prices are to be 'reduced'. But by what percentage? Or am I just a conspiracy theorist?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Exeter: Just What Does This Mean?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 10:50:21 AM »
Message from Tony Roe attached below. Is this some kind of pre-emptive strike? There will be (at least) 2 less home games at Sandy Park next season so apparently season ticket prices are to be 'reduced'. But by what percentage? Or am I just a conspiracy theorist?
I don't know what it means other than using white text on black background, tiring to read, and cantered text, irritating to read, would annoy the hell out of me if I was a fan / STH and I'd be questioning whether or not the marketing department wanted my custom.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
Exeter match attendances for 2022/23 are significantly down on last season.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 10:55:35 AM »
Sounds like there will be SOME cheaper seats in limited locations around the ground, whilst at the same time most prices are going up. Affordable for some, more costly for most == more total revenue if the ground is sold out. Prices based on who they are playing, other clubs also do this, so if you need to see a Chiefs game, just any game, you will be able to buy a cheap ticket for at least one game over the season, but if you want to see every game, expect to pay more in total.

Very woolly wordy way to say we have increased average prices, but some better prices are to be had.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 12:10:17 PM »
I start from the premise of not trusting Rowe. If he?s having to cut st prices through lack of fixtures he needs to have a word with his DOR about his future plans/muttering. Exeter are in trouble financially. That much seems clear.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 12:16:13 PM »
There does appear to be something "wrong" at Exeter, with the exodus of quality players it can't just be about the money.

You have to think that with the reduced cap & clubs in financial difficulties England could end up like the All Blacks with players forfeiting international careers for a better pay day.
I wonder if PRL will allow the RFU to change the selection rules on the back of this drift to France etc? Undoubtedly not without getting something from the RFU in return, maybe some more cash perhaps?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 12:28:11 PM »
Exeter seem to have a fairly well embedded strategy. They are losing lots and lots of players and plugging the gaps with mainly Welsh youngsters. The amount of players they have shedded is alarming. A core of fans will of course remain. But I wonder if they are also suffering from the fact that dull as dishwater rugby isn?t as palatable when you?re not winning things.