Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Italia  (Read 1187 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Italia
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:33:11 PM »
I can't believe nobody has posted on this game, it was by a country mile the best game yesterday. Italy are playing with real flair and ambition and they are lasting the full 80 but beating Ireland was to big an ask in the end. I personally don't like Irelands style of play but you have to admire intensity, especially at the breakdown, allways 2 players tracking the ball carrier, I don't remember Italy getting 1 turnover yesterday, so stop talking about boring England they wont change under SB, just EJ mark 2. If you want to watch good Rugby in the style of Wasps of old watch Italia next week, they might lose but you will enjoy watching, also you might enjoy watching England for a different reason.       
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 08:04:58 AM by wycombewasp »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Italia
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 01:20:47 PM »
It was certainly an entertaining game. I don?t buy in to the prevailing narrative about Italy though. I don?t see much difference in them to be honest. Periodically dynamic but error strewn and naive. Pierced too easily defensively and I thought they did tire in the last 20. They continue to lose gloriously which is good to watch but I thought the comments on them being competitive were a bit premature.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 01:22:17 PM »
Plus 1.  Mr W and I watched and (as you said)  we too said  'That looks like Wasps''.  Thanks Italy  -  and you get Men of the Series for your singing too.  Love that Anthem.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 05:11:00 PM »
France v Scotland was pretty good too.

There have been some cracking games this 6 Nations. Unfortunately none of them have involved England.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 05:21:38 PM »

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 11:45:23 AM »
It was certainly an entertaining game. I don?t buy in to the prevailing narrative about Italy though. I don?t see much difference in them to be honest. Periodically dynamic but error strewn and naive. Pierced too easily defensively and I thought they did tire in the last 20. They continue to lose gloriously which is good to watch but I thought the comments on them being competitive were a bit premature.

They were playing Ireland though, the #1 team in the World. They competed well with France but were ultimately not quite there. Let's see how England look against France and Ireland!

I think Wales have to go to Rome next? Italy should be targeting that. Back to back 6N wins over Wales (admittedly poor Wales, but still a "proper tier one" side) would be a good statement to add to their victory over Australia in the Autumn too.