Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Birmingham City  (Read 3606 times)

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Birmingham City
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 05:25:44 PM »
I wonder how my income this will actually generate. As long as its profitable for Wasps, its a good move

Great to have an asset like that being utilised, but sadly I doubt it generates anything financially for Wasps. The EPIC still exists because it was never owned by Wasps and even with the same owner now it'll probably be kept totally separate.

But as Neils says at least it generates goodwill.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 12:53:00 AM »
Am I missing something? I thought the training ground wasn?t/isn?t owned by Wasps ,so why would Wasps benefit from any income?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2023, 08:02:28 AM »
Am I missing something? I thought the training ground wasn?t/isn?t owned by Wasps ,so why would Wasps benefit from any income?

I think it goes like - Holland owns the Training Centre, Holland owns Wasps therefore Holland is happy it is being used and therefore Wasps are fine with it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 09:38:45 AM »

I think it goes like - Holland owns the Training Centre, Holland owns Wasps therefore Holland is happy it is being used and therefore Wasps are fine with it.

I?m pleased that the training centre is being used and that maybe some of Hollands investment is being repaid , it?s just that some of the comments make it sound like Wasps will benefit financially,which I doubt- apart from maybe covering Pudseys groundsman wages.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2023, 09:40:43 AM »

I?m pleased that the training centre is being used and that maybe some of Hollands investment is being repaid , it?s just that some of the comments make it sound like Wasps will benefit financially,which I doubt- apart from maybe covering Pudseys groundsman wages.

In a nutshell.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 12:18:32 PM »
Don?t forget Pudsey has been keeping it all going (with a bit of help from a greenkeeper) on his own. I?d imagine part of the deal is the bcfc ground staff help him with the pitches etc.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »
There is also a young lady managing the office side of things.  In December I sent T Willis a short letter via the Epic requesting it to be forwarded if possible.  I'm pretty sure it was.  Several weeks later I received (completely out of the blue ....  sorry ..... black and yellow) a letter from the Offy plus a Wasps shirt (with the old, proper logo on it) and signed by all the Wasps Squad before the bomb dropped. I couldn't believe it and came all over unnecessary.  I don't know why I was so lucky but that shirt will be treasured like few others.   A family treasure.  PS ......... Not boasting about my good fortune.  Just to let you know that Pudsey is not alone in the Epic!