Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rugbypass take on Guardian article  (Read 3794 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rugbypass take on Guardian article
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2023, 10:04:02 AM »
I am starting to get rather concerned about all the negative vibes attached to professional rugby in England.

The 'new' Wasps leaders are desperately trying to attract investors in, what must be for them, a potentially grim scenario for the future of professional rugby.

The odds on Wasps returning must be diminishing, as each week goes by.

Correlation does not imply causation. Just because there is a paucity of information in the public sphere does not mean negative outcomes will occur, it is a possibility, but by no means a certainty. People are psychologically hard wired to follow negative thought processes that lead to undesirable outcomes via strong neuronal connections and processes in the brain.

Lack of information causes cognitive distortion and negative thought outcomes. (think when you finish an interview, you tend to think you have done poorly due to lack of information via feedback, that is until you speak to the interviewer, get the information and realise you have done well).

As an aside this is why people such as Boris Johnson, Suella Braverman and Donald Trump thrive because they give distorted information or sometimes none at all, but provide a good headline such as levelling up, or make America great again. Or by using emotive terms such as invasion when referring to immigrants or voter fraud when referring to the 2020 US election, as it gain?s traction as they deliberately manipulate vulnerable people by providing a lack of information to take advantage of our psychological hardwiring. It is a reason why high level education and teaching people critical analysis should be taught to all, as it prevents radicalisation and stops people deliberately trying to manipulate public opinion to their own ends despite the harm it may cause others.

No news does not necessarily mean bad news. We just have to wait.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2023, 10:06:58 AM »
Perhaps Wasps need to "Level Up" and "Build Back Better". Or maybe we should be calling to "Make Wasps Great Again"... or maybe just "Take Back Control".

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2023, 11:16:11 AM »
You can wrap it up in whatever jargon you like, but the fact is that we have heard nothing from New Wasps since the website statement of the 16th December. That's over 4 months.....
I cannot believe if there was any good news then it would not have been shared. I don't count Pudseys tweets or "Official" non-denial of the Guardians story, these are not official channels to communicate with a supporter base!
Therefore we have to assume there is no good news, which, following logic can only be bad news.

I hope I am wrong & there's a ground deal, a coaching team & a bunch of players just waiting to be shared, but I just cannot help thinking that if there was any of that, it would have been broadcast by now.....

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2023, 03:47:44 PM »
I felt quite positive and hopeful until about a fortnight ago,  but since then I've felt  as if we  have redally reached the end of the road and that all that can be be done for Wasps has been done, and there is no more future.  I very much hope that I'm wrong by a country mile.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2023, 07:45:35 AM »
I felt quite positive and hopeful until about a fortnight ago,  but since then I've felt  as if we  have redally reached the end of the road and that all that can be be done for Wasps has been done, and there is no more future.  I very much hope that I'm wrong by a country mile.

This is probably where I am as well.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2023, 03:37:10 PM »
It feels worryingly like the end of a Wasps game. Really hope this is one of the games where we just about manage to cling on.