Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Three Changes Needed? - Telegraph  (Read 2662 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Three Changes Needed? - Telegraph
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2023, 03:39:58 PM »
I might well have this wrong, but if the Internationals are all away at Internationals and thus unavailable for the (rapidly diminishing number of) Premiership games, wouldn't their Club's owners get a bit brassed off at having to provide funds  to pay said players who they would rarely see and who had contributed  sweet nothing to the Club?  I would be very miffed.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Three Changes Needed? - Telegraph
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2023, 09:28:05 AM »
I think less clubs is the only way for English teams to compete in Europe, only if the fewer clubs have a higher wage cap.

During the 6 nations and autumn internationals, plus rest periods the clubs play the Micky mouse cup which gives younger players and fridge players game time, plus allows the hardened supporters to watch club rugby.

The premiership games have no restrictions with international players, who are now playing less premiership games. I want to see the best players playing against the best players.

The rich owners have a bigger salary cap to compete in Europe but are compensated more by the RFU for taking the international players away for long periods of time, therefore helping teams with costs.

I want English clubs to compete in Europe and I want England competing at the 6 nations. The last 3 years the best we?ve done is 3rd, which is pathetic
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:35:53 AM by Westy68 »