Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester - Atlas have until 2nd May to complete purchase  (Read 21845 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Worcester - Atlas have until 2nd May to complete purchase
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2023, 08:42:49 AM »
Don't take all you read at face value. The team are very focussed.

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2023, 08:44:42 AM »
It's not just the DoR and players - it's the entire back room staff that would need to be put in place to support a professional rugby team, Doctors, medics, coaching staff, analysts, groundsmen, ticket office staff, match day security etc etc. And with no DOR in place they have noone to drive any of that.

Signing 30 random players with no plan is a recipe for disaster- they need a DoR in place with a vision and a strategy, and they have very little time to do it. I'd almost argue that getting a DoR in to drive all of that is almost more important than the ground situation, especially is solihull is a legitimate backup with rfu approval. If recruitment doesn't begin till after the May meeting, I'd argue it's actually too late at that point.

No wonder there were rumours the owners asked the rfu for a year's reprieve. If I was a betting man I wouldn't be putting any money on wasps being in the championship next year - it's nothing more than a pipe dream at the moment. 

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2023, 09:19:44 AM »
Lots to process, and sounds like a lot to do.

I think it's a shame that Solihull was relegated to Plan B, with the Sixways involvement taking top spot and, with the Atlas issues, muddying the water and (making an assumption here) delaying announcements and potentially the recruitment process.

I have no doubt people are working hard to make things happen, but the clock really does seem to be ticking.

Usually very optimistic, but feeling less so every day.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2023, 09:28:37 AM »
DOR - Is Dai Young available yet?!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2023, 09:38:39 AM »
Don't take all you read at face value.
I did say if that is all correct...

The team are very focused

I am sure they are but:

1. Who is the team? I can't believe Chris Holland & Inga Beale are recruiting players, physios etc themselves?
2. You can be as focused as you like but the clock has been ticking very loudly for a while.

Look, I know there will be stuff going on in the background that we don't know about, but even if half of whats required has been sorted, that's still leaving a LOT of things to get done.
If Wasps get a team to run out in September in the championship it will be a miracle.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2023, 10:34:38 AM »
I think it's a shame that Solihull was relegated to Plan B

It is possible Moors either withdrew the offer, or it was only a short term deal (like maybe one year). The whole site and area is the subject of a massive redevelopment project (of that entire A45 corridor all the way out to the new HS2 station) by the local council, and I think their ground is earmarked for warehousing, so at some point they would be moving out anyway.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
I find it interesting that the RFU are insisting on there being a DoR, when we did perfectly well without one for some time.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2023, 11:10:54 AM »
I find it interesting that the RFU are insisting on there being a DoR, when we did perfectly well without one for some time.

Some very strange things coming out and you do wonder how much is fabrication or supposition.
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2023, 11:17:50 AM »
I find it interesting that the RFU are insisting on there being a DoR

I would suspect its less about having an actual DoR and more about having a suitable management & coaching team in place or at least signed up. The RFU are going to be very careful to not allow a cowboy outfit to play in Championship, and that goes from the finance & board members right down to the physios & ground staff.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2023, 11:22:39 AM »
The administrator has issued a short statement saying Atlas were the only bid to put forward a business plan.Other main bid refused.
I wonder who they could mean?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:27:59 AM by bigad82 »

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2023, 05:18:18 PM »
I wondered if some recent player and coach movements were lined up for us, but the lack of progress meant they couldn't wait any longer. For example Billy Twelvetrees and Jordy Reid from Gloucester to Trailfinders and Lee Blackett going to Bath. Potentially Gopperth with his leaving Tigers too.

Obviously could be me making 2 + 2 = 5, but I remember there was something about the Gloucester CEO with Vickery and Logan saying exciting news will be announced soon, and then Scrivs referencing Ealing and Jersey in a tweet has having helped Wasps.

Personally I can't see it happening now - too many false dawns followed by bigger hurdles.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2023, 05:42:28 PM »
Andy, at the end of March Lance Bradley tweeted:

https://twitter.com/Lance_Bradley_/status/1639037166713184257

Lots of conjecture. It appears we got it all wrong. A month later, this appeared.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2023, 06:36:27 PM »
I wondered if some recent player and coach movements were lined up for us, but the lack of progress meant they couldn't wait any longer. For example Billy Twelvetrees and Jordy Reid from Gloucester to Trailfinders and Lee Blackett going to Bath. Potentially Gopperth with his leaving Tigers too.

Obviously could be me making 2 + 2 = 5, but I remember there was something about the Gloucester CEO with Vickery and Logan saying exciting news will be announced soon, and then Scrivs referencing Ealing and Jersey in a tweet has having helped Wasps.

Personally I can't see it happening now - too many false dawns followed by bigger hurdles.

The Donkey players were rumoured to Ealing months ago so I doubt they were in our frame. Lee did say in an interview that he had been talking to the Wasps New Board people but it didn't sound like he was looking to be involved. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2023, 11:40:27 PM »
Andy, at the end of March Lance Bradley tweeted:

https://twitter.com/Lance_Bradley_/status/1639037166713184257

Lots of conjecture. It appears we got it all wrong. A month later, this appeared.

Ah, thanks Ross and Neils. I definitely found a way of making 2+2=anything but 4!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2023, 07:22:00 AM »
So who is actually involved in this now, with the comment that Andy Scott left a month ago, who is actually doing the day to day stuff as someone obviously is with responses to questions and applications to the RFU.

Is it just Chris Holland & the other board members, assuming they are still there?