Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dublin  (Read 2195 times)

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Dublin
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »
Well flights, tickets and hotels were booked prior to our demise (the group has made it to most EC finals for last 10 years) so will still be going for what hopefully is a great Dublin weekend.

Will show my mourning by wearing any black and yellow rugby shirt (this includes my community club as well) that I have, so if any one else is over there, don't just assume I (or we) am one of the La Rok supporter!

Its going to upset my Dublin mate though.... 8)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 08:36:41 AM »
Do. But we always go.

Fly out Friday am and back Sunday Pm.

Group of six most wearing Wasps gear - although on Friday I will be in an Edinburgh shirt (don't have a Weegie one) and because they were so nice to us when we visited will probably don a La Rochelle T Shirt for Saturday. Definitely Saturday is an ABL day.

Enjoy anyone going as great weekends (shame next year is Tottenham).
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 08:49:02 PM »
Well saw one other Wasps shirt on the train here.

Official photographer wanted a picture of our Wasps shirt. He didn't joke about it unlike the f'ing Cheetahs fans we encountered.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 07:10:25 PM »
Well the black and yellow triumph.

The number of good wishes we have been getting from most fans is heartening.
Certainly spotted more Wasps shirts than most PRL teams.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 07:13:53 PM »
Great win for La Rochelle. Playing away versus 15 + the awful Piper. The breakdown was sometimes else with him in charge

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 08:10:20 PM »
Great win for La Rochelle. Playing away versus 15 + the awful Piper. The breakdown was sometimes else with him in charge

Yes the Irish crowd were going mental at him. Didn't like being told he was a URC ref.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 08:13:02 PM »

I?m glad that flying clear out cost Leinster the match, I hated it when Exeter kept getting away with it, it?s one law I would love to change, flying in and coming off your feet is not allowed but it happens so much and as happened today causes serious injury

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 08:58:29 PM »
Great result. Beating Leinster on their home turf must be more satisfying than last year in Marsseille.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2023, 09:01:21 PM »
Cracking game and restored my faith and I will start watching again as a rugby fan. Well, within reason, I still won?t be watching the EAs and probably not much Premier league.

Piper was Piper, there?s no point complaining he didn?t referee any different to his normal game.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2023, 10:22:13 PM »
It was a very good game, but I have my reservations. It is dependent on having enough money to put 13 [8+5] enormously powerful men into the scrum, with two or three more for the backs. You then overwhelm the opposition. Yes there is more to it than that, but only a very few teams can hope to compete against the power they have. We saw it in the Toulon v Glasgow game as well, with a bit more finesse from Toulon against a weaker opponent.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 01:11:48 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Strangely our first visit to the Aviva (Original Lansdowne Road doesn't count). Very comfortable and great views.
Very welcoming of Wasps shirts by virtually everyone from inquisitive Leinster and Munster fans with long discussions about whys and wherefores. Pleasant chats with Chiefs, Quins, Falcons, Donkeys, Irish, Saints and WW fans. Didn't come across any EA or Sale fans. However twice we got laughed at by those dressed in the shirts of East Midland Cheaters. Rather confirms our feelings about the organisation and their clan.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 10:41:49 PM »
It was an exciting game to watch and glad Leinster lost in the end as they had an overwhelming advantage playing at home. I see even O'Gara complained it was like Lansdowne Road because they had trouble finding a room for the players' partners and children post match, most being booked out to Leinster interests.

Seemed to be some bad blood as the EPRC are investigating an incident in the tunnel at half time, with La Rochelle saying something about lack of respect at the coin toss, and it looked like Leinster were happy to scream in Peyper's face repeatedly. Peyper was abysmal as usual, particularly at the breakdown, and even Kaye and Healey were openly critical of him.

Glad to hear the good wishes from the rugby community there.