Always a Wasp

Author Topic: It?s over?  (Read 5184 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: It?s over?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 06:40:08 PM »
BT (or TNT now) will lose a few but doubt they are worried.
Let me tell you something cucumber

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2023, 06:40:23 PM »
'Exit from the RFU' so where to - the IRFU?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2023, 06:45:15 PM »
A level of disappointment with this outcome and with the RFU who seem to have contributed to where we are now and their attitude seemed to have meant what little chance there was, was crushed. And that the likely outcome is as others have suggested, a diminishing Prem and England rugby looking increasingly lacking a future.

Whilst I've not been able to go to many games recently - it's still a disappointment as I've chosen to watch Wasps and their players all the way back to the late 70s. Seeing those players for Wasps and in Divisional games. I identified as a Wasp in Australia in '87 during the first RWC and was able to watch England train at Sydney Uni at lunch time. And look out for the Wasps like my hero, Jeff Probyn amongst 6 Wasps in the squad.

It means I'm now "just" a rugby fan. But the motivation to watch games will be much harder.

Have a good evening all - off for a pint.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2023, 07:30:04 PM »
What division does the amateur Wasps F.C. play in?

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 07:39:00 PM »
I have wonderful memories from our Wasp days, however I felt the loss of our club when it initially folded, not now.

This feels like the right decision for me. We are rightly starting from the lowest level. Weirdly I am pleased as too many great historic clubs such as Richmond, Rugby, Coventry were given no truck when professionalism came and nor should we.

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2023, 07:41:59 PM »
I have wonderful memories from our Wasp days, however I felt the loss of our club when it initially folded, not now.

This feels like the right decision for me. We are rightly starting from the lowest level. Weirdly I am pleased as too many great historic clubs such as Richmond, Rugby, Coventry were given no truck when professionalism came and nor should we.

Yep. London scottish as well. Its 100 percent possible with patience and the right backing and support.

I doubt you'll ever see a prpfessional wasps club in yhe premiership again but if they can do what those clubs did they might actually find themselves becoming a properly sustainable community club at an appropriate level.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2023, 08:16:19 PM »
I have a different kind of sadness at this decision.

My sadness at Wasps going has been and gone, my sadness now is that, in my opinion, the RFU have made the process of Wasps' return (at the time) difficult at a time when the integrity of the league is questionable at best. I accept Wasps weren't angels and it was them who put the club in this position in the first place. Therefore, my feelings towards the sport entirely has had a massive hit. I'll probably not really bother with English rugby, other than my local grassroots club, again.

I'll probably find a club in the Top 14 to follow, likely Pau as that's where Dobby is.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2023, 08:22:55 PM »

I'll probably find a club in the Top 14 to follow, likely Pau as that's where Dobby is.
I was thinking of doing the same. A far better product than Premiership Rugby.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2023, 08:30:11 PM »

I was thinking of doing the same. A far better product than Premiership Rugby.

Yep and not covered by BT.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2023, 08:49:22 PM »
Agreed. There's very little in English rugby that appeals any more.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2023, 09:00:33 PM »
Can't really put into words my thoughts on the whole series of events.

A real sadness. A complete lack of motivation to watch any rugby.

Hope everyone is well and I wish everyone all the best for the future.
@doctorkmt

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2023, 09:16:54 PM »
I could easily put my feelings into words but I fear I'd get banned.

I say "FU" to the RFU. They are acting as undertakers to the professional game in this country.

There will no doubt be self-aggrandising comments emanating from HQ about how they did everything within their power to help us, but when a man accused of murder protests his innocence whilst holding a kmife dripping with blood it's hard to accept it at face value.

Wasps did more for the RFU than the RFU did for Wasps, and in return we got shafted.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2023, 09:34:22 PM »
Completely where I am. I?ve cancelled BT sport.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2023, 09:46:31 PM »
Nothing for me, I am afraid. I wish death to Tigers, because their fans are by and large with few honourable exceptions, arseholes and scum with a topping of tossers on top who have relished our demise.
If English club rugby dies and takes them with it then it will almost have been worth it, and I can't even wish Ex Wasps any success there.

I hope the rest survive, Sarries excepted because they still have not been adequately punished rather than anything their fan base have done.

Either way it will be without me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:03:13 AM by westwaleswasp »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2023, 09:48:19 PM »
The one sided nature of the semi final results says it all to me. As a neutral I want to watch a contest not a procession where the outcome is known what?s the point of watching? If the semi finals can?t produce a good contest there is something wrong.