Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Why the Premiership is desperate for a 10-team league  (Read 4505 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Why the Premiership is desperate for a 10-team league
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 10:54:45 AM »
I am not sure that anyone thinks that Warriors, Wasps or, potentially, Irish fans will just move their allegiance en mass to another prem club. Thats not how any sport works.
What PRL will be hoping is that many will still watch games on BT/TNT/whatever, even if they don't "support" a side. This season I have done just that. Its not the same, but I loved Rugby before I supported Wasps & have a close attachments to 2 grassroots clubs so while Wasps going is extremely painful, I will still watch various levels of rugby without any issue.
I fully understand many others may not feel like that (my wife included!) but I would urge anyone who wants to walk away from rugby, go to their local grassroots club when next season begins, have a beer, chat with the supporters & hopefully you will find a new rugby home.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2023, 11:06:33 AM »
I quite like the idea of a few hundred Wasps supporters turning up to games through the league's at clubs used to only having friends and family turn up!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2023, 11:13:19 AM »
I am not sure that anyone thinks that Warriors, Wasps or, potentially, Irish fans will just move their allegiance en mass to another prem club. Thats not how any sport works.
What PRL will be hoping is that many will still watch games on BT/TNT/whatever, even if they don't "support" a side. This season I have done just that. Its not the same, but I loved Rugby before I supported Wasps & have a close attachments to 2 grassroots clubs so while Wasps going is extremely painful, I will still watch various levels of rugby without any issue.
I fully understand many others may not feel like that (my wife included!) but I would urge anyone who wants to walk away from rugby, go to their local grassroots club when next season begins, have a beer, chat with the supporters & hopefully you will find a new rugby home.

The first time I went down to my local club, it was a good game. I met a lot of other Wasps exiles there. By the end of the season, all had stopped going, including me. They all felt like me. Lost, and somewhat pissed with the way this has all turned out. I am not sure sure who is to blame, but I know, for once, it wasn't me. The thing is, I am not sure I want to support rugby. For as long as those running those local clubs leave the RFU in charge, I can't stand beside them.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2023, 12:17:39 PM »
I quite like the idea of a few hundred Wasps supporters turning up to games through the league's at clubs used to only having friends and family turn up!

Me too, if it happens I look forward to the days out wherever they may be.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2023, 12:21:11 PM »

What PRL will be hoping is that many will still watch games on BT/TNT/whatever, even if they don't "support" a side.

Not for me, I find watching Sport tedious if I have no vested interest in who wins.

The only Premiership team I would like to see win is the one that is playing Saracens but I refuse to watch them anyway.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2023, 03:27:49 PM »
Unfortunately my local team is $ara??n$ and I'll be damned if my feelings towards them move from what they are now to anything that approaches not loathing them with a passion.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2023, 03:45:52 PM »
Unfortunately my local team is $ara??n$ and I'll be damned if my feelings towards them move from what they are now to anything that approaches not loathing them with a passion.

My local team are aligned with the EAs and will take no criticism. 
Let me tell you something cucumber