Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England RWC Training Squad  (Read 1351 times)

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
England RWC Training Squad
« on: June 30, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »
Both Jack and Tom Willis deservedly included.

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: England RWC Training Squad
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 12:07:20 PM »
Bloody hell. Has someone had a brainfart and done something sensible at last!

England training squad

Forwards: Jamie Blamire, Dan Cole, Tom Curry, Theo Dan, Alex Dombrandt, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Jonny Hill, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, Lewis Ludlam, Joe Marler, George Martin, Tom Pearson, Val Rapava-Ruskin, David Ribbans, Bevan Rodd, Kyle Sinckler, Will Stuart, Sam Underhill, Jack Willis, Tom Willis.

Backs: Henry Arundell, Danny Care, Joe Cokanasiga, Elliot Daly, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Max Malins, Joe Marchant, Jonny May, Cadan Murley, Guy Porter, Henry Slade, Marcus Smith, Freddie Steward, Manu Tuilagi, Jack van Poortvliet, Anthony Watson, Ben Youngs.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:12:27 PM by Heathen »

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 02:09:08 PM »
Great news for the Willis family.

I expect both Tom and Jack to make the final squad selection.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 02:37:47 PM »
Some pointers from the training squad to what England might look like post RWC. I'd be pleased if Tom W gets to the RWC, but more expect him to be given the chance for 6Ns 2014. Post world cup. I'd be keen to see Martin involved, now he's got Prem time and has shown what he's capable of and VPR ditto. I'd hope that the indications of younger and lower/no capped players is an indication of where the team is going post WC. Hopefully England are looking at this RWC as the one off chance that it is for those who've not performed over several 6Ns back to 2020 (when it looked ok but never kicked on)

The hope is that the 2024 6Ns is taken as the start of a new cycle to RWC 2027 and that England hold their nerve as "retreating" back to players well the wrong side of 30 at the first hint of problems will only make worse, surely?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 04:08:40 PM »
Some pointers from the training squad to what England might look like post RWC. I'd be pleased if Tom W gets to the RWC, but more expect him to be given the chance for 6Ns 2014. Post world cup. I'd be keen to see Martin involved, now he's got Prem time and has shown what he's capable of and VPR ditto. I'd hope that the indications of younger and lower/no capped players is an indication of where the team is going post WC. Hopefully England are looking at this RWC as the one off chance that it is for those who've not performed over several 6Ns back to 2020 (when it looked ok but never kicked on)

The hope is that the 2024 6Ns is taken as the start of a new cycle to RWC 2027 and that England hold their nerve as "retreating" back to players well the wrong side of 30 at the first hint of problems will only make worse, surely?

If that's true he's well and truly missed the boat :)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 08:01:29 PM »
?Second time round maybe??

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 08:20:46 AM »
.....always looking back.....oops!