Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Farrell cleared  (Read 6393 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell cleared
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2023, 07:36:22 PM »
Now Fat Billy's had a red, will his hearing be on Tuesday as well. More sovs for the fat cat KC.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2023, 10:14:10 PM »
Now Fat Billy's had a red, will his hearing be on Tuesday as well. More sovs for the fat cat KC.

Commentators saying he has never had a red before, so he should be let off.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2023, 10:31:45 PM »

Commentators saying he has never had a red before, so he should be let off.

Well in that case he will probably get a Royal pardon and a generous compensation package!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2023, 11:02:20 AM »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2023, 08:33:13 PM »
4 week ban, not sure if back dated yet

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2023, 08:34:45 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2023, 08:44:57 PM »
Owen Farrell red card: England captain to miss first two World Cup pool games as ban reinstated - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66581854
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2023, 08:46:54 PM »
Farrell was originally handed a six game ban.

However it was reduced to four games after taking all considerations into account:

?including the player?s acceptance of foul play, clear demonstration of remorse and his good character.?

DarkKnight63

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2023, 08:49:38 PM »
Owen Farrell will miss the first two pool games at the World Cup after World Rugby successfully appealed against the decision to overturn his red card.

The England captain's four-game ban means he will miss the group games against Argentina and Japan, with two warm-up matches also included.

Farrell's red card was overturned by an independent judicial committee, which itself was then overruled on Tuesday.

The Appeal Committee said the tackle was "always illegal".

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2023, 08:58:36 PM »

However it was reduced to four games after taking all considerations into account:

?including the player?s acceptance of foul play, clear demonstration of remorse and his good character.?

"Acceptance of foul play" ???? How can he be said to have accepted that it was foul play when a week ago he successfully argued to have the red card overturned?

Remorse??? I'm sure he's played the remorse card on every previous occasion, yet he keeps doing it. That's not how remorse works!

Good character?? Matter of opinion of course, but I know exactly where I stand on that one!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2023, 09:06:06 PM »
He got a 3 match ban, not 4. Just because England chose not to pick him doesn?t mean it should count. He could have had a niggle and was never going to play or maybe Borthwick would have rested him to try something else, we?ll never know and it?s not for the disciplinary to second guess it.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2023, 09:09:04 PM »
Pathetic.
'Good character'. Bullshit. Any Pacific Islanders get that said about them? Thought not.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2023, 09:10:05 PM »

"Acceptance of foul play" ???? How can he be said to have accepted that it was foul play when a week ago he successfully argued to have the red card overturned?

Remorse??? I'm sure he's played the remorse card on every previous occasion, yet he keeps doing it. That's not how remorse works!

Good character?? Matter of opinion of course, but I know exactly where I stand on that one!

+1

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2023, 09:40:15 PM »

They accepted it was foul play in the original but argued successfully it did not meet the red card threshold due to the mitigation they cited.

I think the 2 weeks he got reduced is actually more to do with the cock up of the process than the actual reasons given.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2023, 09:45:00 PM »
Did he get a discount for offending in bulk?

Poor, poor decision.