Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Farrell cleared  (Read 6365 times)

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell cleared
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2023, 10:35:15 PM »
Did he get a discount for offending in bulk?

Poor, poor decision.
+1 His previous should have meant no reduction, and possibly an increase on the baseline imho

Still seems at odds with what eg Pacific Islanders get

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2023, 10:36:29 PM »
Duplicate posting
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 10:38:25 PM by FishingWasp »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2023, 10:46:07 PM »
But he is very very charitable: I've lost count of the number of times he has helped me across the road.  I never actually wanted to go but a quick shoulder into my cheekbone soon made me change my mind.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2023, 11:06:38 PM »
Perhaps he got a frequent flyer discount given his frequent impersonation of a one-winged aircraft.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2023, 07:37:43 AM »
Was any decision arrived at regarding Billy's red card?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2023, 07:51:51 AM »

Probably but for evening sittings they seem to wait until the next day to release -
However just read that the OF Board started at 7.30 AM and finally completed at 8.30 PM. A staggeringly insane length of time. I know it was different panels but maybe the Fat Bill one had to be delayed.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2023, 08:28:46 AM »

Probably but for evening sittings they seem to wait until the next day to release -
However just read that the OF Board started at 7.30 AM and finally completed at 8.30 PM. A staggeringly insane length of time. I know it was different panels but maybe the Fat Bill one had to be delayed.

All the more sovs for the fatcat KC. He's loving it.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2023, 08:30:04 AM »
Thank Neils.  I did wonder if that might be the case.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »

Just 13 hours of Owen saying "I'm sworry"...
https://youtu.be/stHMD5N-KPw

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2023, 09:19:03 AM »
So Fat Bill effectively gets a one WC game ban.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »
2023 Rugby World Cup: Billy Vunipola to miss England opener after red card - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66585194

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2023, 09:33:59 AM »
I don't think either of these decisions are going to assuage the Pacific Island nations' concerns over the disciplinary process.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »
I can see the argument for Billy's punishment and there is some consistency: First red and he hasn't done the tackle course.

But it does make me wonder what goes on at club training when when I see that and read something like this on the Beeb:

Scrum-half Danny Care says England have been working on their tackle technique every day as they look to improve their discipline for the upcoming World Cup.

I know for a lot of the older players they are having to change years, decades, of habit but the tackle laws got changed a at least a year ago and they should have had the habits changed by now. Its not like they're amateurs training once or maybe twice a week, its their full time job.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2023, 12:30:55 PM »
But it does make me wonder what goes on at club training when when I see that and read something like this on the Beeb:

Scrum-half Danny Care says England have been working on their tackle technique every day as they look to improve their discipline for the upcoming World Cup.

I know for a lot of the older players they are having to change years, decades, of habit but the tackle laws got changed a at least a year ago and they should have had the habits changed by now. Its not like they're amateurs training once or maybe twice a week, its their full time job.

Indeed - but if you make a tackle like Farrell did - then it's deliberate. It was about height...but he still led with a shoulder and made no attempt to wrap. That's not been allowed for way more than year. And YouTube has loads of compilations of tackles v similar to that from last time. And he's of a temperament that made that decision to pole-axe Charlie. He's only ever had remorse when it suits. That was the sort of assault of someone who is deliberately taking people out, without regard to the laws. And i showed again last time out.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2023, 01:49:31 PM »
Fazlet?s remorse only relates to being caught. Seems about right given who he is and the club he plays for.