Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jack not even on bench  (Read 5034 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Jack not even on bench
« on: September 07, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »
V Argentina
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jack not even on bench
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 08:17:39 PM »
It?s the sort of decision that actually makes you want them to lose. It?s becoming clear that Borthwick is way out of his depth and has lost the plot.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 09:22:28 PM »
Plus 1 (big time)

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 10:07:47 PM »
If I were Jack I would tell Borthwick to Va te faire foutre.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 10:25:56 PM »
If I were Jack I would tell Borthwick to Va te faire foutre.

He would get confused!
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 07:50:26 AM »
The oozlum bird strikes again

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 04:59:47 PM »
But if you want to play Sarries/Tigers/Sale style, why would you pick players from Toulouse?
12 out of 15 are current or former players of those clubs.
You don't choose a Ferrari then go green laneing & you don't choose a Land Rover then drive it on a racing circuit, so it makes sense, sadly!

I'm actually more confused as to why Borthwick's picked Mitchell when Ben Youngs has so much experience of playing the style he is trying to implement.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
But if you want to play Sarries/Tigers/Sale style, why would you pick players from Toulouse?

I hadn't quite appreciated it was that heavy an influence!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 09:50:37 AM »
You don't choose a Ferrari then go green laneing & you don't choose a Land Rover then drive it on a racing circuit, so it makes sense, sadly!

I'm actually more confused as to why Borthwick's picked Mitchell when Ben Youngs has so much experience of playing the style he is trying to implement.

Eddie syndrome. He used to to try to have the cake and eat it by adding a shiny wheel to the broken chariot. He was aware, as Borthwick is, of the fact England's attack has been dire, unthreatening as a custard pie. His solution was to add the odd flair player playing well for clubs  but leave the system intact by refusing to extract the players causing the problem in the 10, 12, 13, 15 spine of the backs.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 10:12:55 AM »
Don't worry.  All is well.  England is in safe hands.  Even if they don't make it through the first rounds it seems that Borthwick at least is safe and secure as ''his appointment is viewed as key to  building towards the 2027 World Cup''.  (D. Tel.).  Removes tongue from cheek.  In reality -  can the world wait that long?  Why is it always jam tomorrow, never jam today?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 11:59:59 AM »
Don't worry.  All is well.  England is in safe hands.  Even if they don't make it through the first rounds it seems that Borthwick at least is safe and secure as ''his appointment is viewed as key to  building towards the 2027 World Cup''.  (D. Tel.).  Removes tongue from cheek.  In reality -  can the world wait that long?  Why is it always jam tomorrow, never jam today?

If that were genuinely the case, as opposed to be piece of @r5e covering, Borthwick would not have made the squad picks that he did.

No. He has clearly laid out his direction of travel. It is a direction of more boredom, 'safe' hands picks, lack of vision. What can we look forward to over the next 4 years? More of the same.

Worse, by setting that as the standard by which a player can be selected, those wishing to be selected will play like that, thus encouraging the Premiership to descend in to even more boredom.

This where a lack of vision from those at the top is most evident, and where France fixed itself with real vision.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 01:56:57 PM »
Paolo runs in from 30 metres at the death for a try! Delighted for him.

Updated from mins to metres!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 02:06:21 PM by COYW15 »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 01:59:01 PM »
Paolo runs in from 30 mins at the death for a try! Delighted for him.

Top Dog.

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 02:02:48 PM »
Paolo in full flight superb

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2023, 02:22:02 PM »

If that were genuinely the case, as opposed to be piece of @r5e covering, Borthwick would not have made the squad picks that he did.

No. He has clearly laid out his direction of travel. It is a direction of more boredom, 'safe' hands picks, lack of vision. What can we look forward to over the next 4 years? More of the same.

Worse, by setting that as the standard by which a player can be selected, those wishing to be selected will play like that, thus encouraging the Premiership to descend in to even more boredom.

This where a lack of vision from those at the top is most evident, and where France fixed itself with real vision.
I think it?s worse. What?s the point of Jack coming back from France if he can?t even get on the bench given who?s playing? They?ve had to put a flanker at 8 so even more space.

On that point Tom must be thinking he has no England future if they?re going in to tournaments with only one recognised 8? Perhaps he thinks his move will help? I wish him well.

And how can the game grow another Cips? With no role model even if one does start to emerge it will be coached out of them in favour of whatever coaches of the day think is the percentage game.  Any aspiring flair player has to give up n England or change. They may as well go to France.