jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Kent!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 05:20:29 PM »
From the Council documents -

Wasps Rugby Football Club Proposal

When will the stadium be built?
Planning permission will first be needed. This is a matter for Wasps to consider.

How big is the proposed stadium?
24,000 to 28,000 seats.

What about transport issues in the area, the junction to the M25 is already busy?
Transport would be considered as part of the proposal, including new transport infrastructure, but
it?s too early to say what this could look like at this early stage.

Who owns Pedham Place Golf course?
The golf course is in private ownership and unfortunately we cannot share the details.

What is the planning status of Pedham Place?
The site is in the Green Belt and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), it was agreed to
be a ?broad location for future growth? in the 2019 iteration of the emerging Local Plan.

Thanks Neils, it'll be interesting to see what these transport links would look like. Won't be seeing anything any time soon though!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2023, 05:24:19 PM »
From the Council documents -

Wasps Rugby Football Club Proposal

When will the stadium be built?
Planning permission will first be needed. This is a matter for Wasps to consider.

How big is the proposed stadium?
24,000 to 28,000 seats.

What about transport issues in the area, the junction to the M25 is already busy?
Transport would be considered as part of the proposal, including new transport infrastructure, but
it?s too early to say what this could look like at this early stage.

Who owns Pedham Place Golf course?
The golf course is in private ownership and unfortunately we cannot share the details.

What is the planning status of Pedham Place?
The site is in the Green Belt and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), it was agreed to
be a ?broad location for future growth? in the 2019 iteration of the emerging Local Plan.

Thanks Neils, it'll be interesting to see what these transport links would look like. Won't be seeing anything any time soon though!

Looking at the "Proposed" site it has a road from the J3 M25 rounabout but is on the outside (Kent side) of the motorway. Would think the only transport that could be laid on would be a bus from Swanley Station.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2023, 05:25:42 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2023, 05:27:25 PM »
Just had a look at the are on Google maps satellite images. Objectively it looks a good location if they can get planning permission*.

Good road links and Swanley has Southeastern and Thameslink trains, so accessible from North London as well

It does look like a 10 year project given how long it takes to get planning permission in this country, there?ll be lots of law suits as it?s Green Belt.

*as did Handy Cross

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2023, 05:30:19 PM »
1.5 mile walk from the station, which takes trains from Canterbury East.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2023, 05:36:07 PM »
Very happy for Wasps.  Very sad for me and  my family as none of us have a hope in hell of ever getting to Kent.  Maybe we can see an away-match.  Perhaps the time has come to take the pictures off the fridge but I'll keep about 3  -  George and Guy, Tom (Willis) and Launc. At least Wuss and KentWasp should be happy now.  Neils ....  you can  still  make it;  we went 2 hours there and 2 hours back to AP and to Coventry.  Huge huge hole in our lives now.  B*****.

Little Potts

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2023, 05:36:45 PM »
I live in Sevenoaks so can?t quite believe this? trying not to get TOO excited 😛
In terms of transport links as well as those mentioned, Ebbsfleet is about 15 minutes away as is Sevenoaks which has fast trains into London.
Also that bit of the M25 is generally much better on a weekend than weekday.
I wonder how long this has been going on? ?5 was reportedly living in a Sevenoaks village not that long ago (never spotted him myself)

Little Potts

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2023, 05:38:10 PM »
I live in Sevenoaks so can?t quite believe this? trying not to get TOO excited 😛
In terms of transport links as well as those mentioned, Ebbsfleet is about 15 minutes away as is Sevenoaks which has fast trains into London.
Also that bit of the M25 is generally much better on a weekend than weekday.
I wonder how long this has been going on? ?5 was reportedly living in a Sevenoaks village not that long ago (never spotted him myself)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2023, 05:45:24 PM »
Ludlow and the Welsh border are not  on the Kent bus route I think.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2023, 05:51:23 PM »
Also Canterbury based here and very surprised by this. Last year the Times quoted an RFU report that identified Kent (actually Canterbury) as the place where a professional team might be the most sustainable, so maybe that is behind some of this thinking. A huge catchment area with very little professional sport to compete with. Wealthy Home Counties and a rugby area. Fast links to North London via ebbsfleet and lots of road links. If it is going to work anywhere it is probably as good a place as any.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2023, 06:02:04 PM »
Where are you, BdeB?

I am in Ickham, where my wife's father used to be vicar.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2023, 06:12:11 PM »
Quite a shock this. Looks to be a good 4-5 years off at least though so it will be 6ways for a while. No mention of where the funding for this comes from. All appears quite a long way away.

Covguy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2023, 06:31:12 PM »
Well I know how people felt when the move to cov happened. Feel little sad. Kent to far for me. I honestly wonder if will get my love back even if wasps do start again. I've not watched any Orem rugby since the demise and not sure no longer being a season ticket will have same pull unfortunately. I feel cheated by the whole thing to be honest. Not this as much as the whole emotional investment I've made to be let down.

craigymace4

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2023, 06:34:12 PM »
There was an article from The Times floating around on one of the FB pages. Can't find it myself but a few nuggets of info in there make for interesting reading. Anyone care to copy and paste?

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2023, 06:53:33 PM »
Very sadly that?s me done then. Just too far a journey. I?d already piled up all my Wasps shirts, tops, jackets, scarves, hats etc up for vacuum packing for a season or two but that?ll just be the odd away game for me and Dr Wasp and supporting from afar. Stadium idea looks great and I really hope it works out. Just so sad that I won?t be able to be there, but what memories!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.