Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Hey ho - another one?  (Read 1690 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Hey ho - another one?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 12:54:38 PM »
https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-another-premiership-club-were-late-paying-their-players/

The 'admin error' was that they thought they had money in the bank. They didn't, so Rowe quickly dropped another bung in to cover them.

He has probably given personal guarantees to the PRL that he will keep the club afloat (which is not the same as paying all the debts) until the last match has been played this season, so he will be dropping a wedge just to cover what he has to until then. If I were a trade creditor, I would be looking for payment up front right now, or a personal guarantee from Rowe.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 02:05:43 PM »
When I saw this post and then the article headline my assumption was Newcastle because I had a look at the table earlier and saw they were bottom without a win. Six straight losses and only 3 BPs.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 05:56:14 PM »
Little signs like this are the start. Admin error? Unlikely

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 08:24:32 PM »
Little signs like this are the start. Admin error? Unlikely

More than unlikely. The cashflow of big businesses like this is planned down to the hour. If they didn't get paid on the right date, it was because there were insufficient funds in the bank account. Given that all Premiership clubs are likely negative cashflow from month to month, that means Tony Rowe did not transfer funds, and the only reason for that would be he didn't have them available. He too would manage his cashflow carefully, so it is likely times are also tough for him (or SW Comms).