Always a Wasp

Author Topic: OT: Audio question.  (Read 1369 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
OT: Audio question.
« on: November 22, 2023, 12:18:27 PM »
Hi, This a somewhat esoteric audio query. I have thousands of MP3 (mostly) and FLAC files stored on my windows PC. Up till now I have streamed my music both by WiFi and ethernet to 2 elderly Logitech devices (Squeezebox Boom & Classic), both of which are over 20 years old and have suddenly died on me - no power and no (streamed) music >:( I had setup playlists on my PC which I used with Logitech media centre.

As both of my Logitech devices are getting long in the tooth I have decided that replacement will be preferable to a possibly expensive repair. Now, here is my problem. I have done quite a lot of searching but cannot come up with an obvious substitute(s). The best that I have found is a modern stand alone speaker such as Denon 150 and use PlayFi on my computer to organise the streaming. However I don't actually know if this will work as I would want it! Can anyone suggest any alternative? I don't want to spend a fortune. BTW: I replaced the power supply on one of my devices but without success.

PS. I do not have a smart phone but have an Android tablet.

Thank you for reading.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Audio question.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 12:21:23 PM »
Not sure if this will do for you, but we use STream What You Hear http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/download/

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Audio question.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 12:55:56 PM »
Thanks Roger. Looks interesting. I'll D/L and see if I can get it to work on my setup.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!