Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Is this not a little ridiculous with limited funds  (Read 2142 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Is this not a little ridiculous with limited funds
« on: December 02, 2023, 09:18:35 AM »
Owen Farrell set to be offered new RFU central contract despite declaring himself unavailable for E? https://mol.im/a/12814451 via https://dailym.ai/android
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 09:43:53 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is this not a little ridiculous with limited funds
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 11:12:38 AM »
Funds are only limited for certain things such as supporting the championship, plenty of money available for what / who they want to use it for!

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 11:57:08 AM »
Funds are only limited for certain things such as supporting the championship, plenty of money available for what / who they want to use it for!

Spot on. 4m profit for the RFU announced today. Will we see the championship clubs be properly funded? Or it to be plouged into grassroots? Or a pot put aweay to help clubs in trouble?

I wont hold my breath

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 12:41:00 PM »

Spot on. 4m profit for the RFU announced today. Will we see the championship clubs be properly funded? Or it to be plouged into grassroots? Or a pot put aweay to help clubs in trouble?

I wont hold my breath

Or partly ploughed into funding a former England Cptain who is "resting".
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »
In itself it?s an obvious waste of money. As a broader idea it?s a terrible one. So not good all round really.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 10:57:21 AM »
I'm against central contracts but if they are introduced they should be limited to players who have a very good chance of playing in the next world cup. Farrell is 32 and whilst I know there have been players older than 36 but they are few and far between and he's no Johnny Sexton.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 01:23:16 PM »
I'm against central contracts but if they are introduced they should be limited to players who have a very good chance of playing in the next world cup. Farrell is 32 and whilst I know there have been players older than 36 but they are few and far between and he's no Johnny Sexton.

Farrell isn't even a George Ford let alone a Jonny Sexton.