General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Hope All English Refs Were Watching

(1/1)

RogerE:
Watched the England v Wales Women's International and at a ruck the Ref  told the English No. 9 to "use it" as she continued to drag the ball with her foot, calling new players into the crocodile, was told to use it again and did not move to pick it up, so ref immediately penalised England.

NellyWellyWaspy:

--- Quote from: RogerE on March 31, 2024, 09:54:51 AM ---Watched the England v Wales Women's International and at a ruck the Ref  told the English No. 9 to "use it" as she continued to drag the ball with her foot, calling new players into the crocodile, was told to use it again and did not move to pick it up, so ref immediately penalised England.

--- End quote ---

I saw it, and my comment was, 'About time.' She didn't do it again. They do learn.

Rossm:
I didn't watch the game but I understand Northampton were pinged for 9 not using it after 5 seconds during Friday evening's game. Luke Pearce was the ref.

baldpaul101:

--- Quote ---I didn't watch the game but I understand Northampton were pinged for 9 not using it after 5 seconds during Friday evening's game. Luke Pearce was the ref.
--- End quote ---

Luke Pearce did a very good job of hurrying the game along. Pinged Saints for too long at the ruck, & didn't allow time wasting of any kind.
Wasn't to sure about him hurrying Fin Smith along with a conversion though, he's allowed 90 seconds, no ref should be hurrying that up, IMO...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version