Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Nick Eastwood's update on Sky Blues situation - basically no change.  (Read 14158 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Nick was on local radio this morning. Here is a synopsis of what he had to say. But actually the subject header pretty much sums it up.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-wasps-ricoh-arena-15823254

It must be grim being a CCFC fan at the moment. Holding their own in League 1 but they have the potential demise of their club, through no fault of their own and no influence over the outcome,  hanging over their heads. SISU  won't blink as they don't give a fig for the club and it doesn't look like Wasps will blink either (and in the circumstances why should they?). I just hope that the Supreme court kicks SISU's appeal off the field. Probably won't stop them tho............
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Eastwood's update on Sky Blues situation - basically no change.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
Even if the Supreme Court hears in our favour, I'm sure I read that SISU have already indicated that they will pursue things in the Civil Court. To paraphrase; rather than this being the beginning of the end, it is rather the end of the beginning.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
Yes SISU stated that if they failed through the normal court system, which could be as far as the EU, they will start going through the Civil Court process which Joyless said they would win. No respite for CCFC fans. Nick is quite right to continue to state Wasps position because if he falters SISU will take full advantage.
Sad that when I sat in my seat at Adams Park I knew absolutely nowt about SISU,
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:21:25 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 01:26:40 PM »
Yes SISU stated that if they failed through the normal court system, which could be as far as the EU, they will start going through the Civil Court process which Joyless said they would win. No respite for CCFC fans. Nick is quite right to continue to state Wasps position because if he falters SISU will take full advantage.
Sad that when I sat in my seat at Adams Park I knew absolutely nowt about SISU,
The EU courts may very well not be an option after 29th March! I suspect if they felt it would be easier to win or get the outcome they were looking for they would have started in the Civil Courts.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »
Interesting that he said that the window for the court to decide whether to allow the appeal to proceed is 2-3 months from the end of November. I make that time period up within a couple of weeks then. If they get refused, then do they have the right to take it to the European Court, or would they also be told they can't do that at the same time? And then there is the potential for civil action. Will Wasps ask for a guarantee that no civil action would be forthcoming?

And who could SISU sue? My guess is only the Council, and not Wasps, and the action can only be for damages. They would not be able to contest ownership of the stadium I suspect, so Wasps may be clear of it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »
On the EU aspect I think, but may be completely wrong, things can go to the court up until Brexit date + 2 years.

I seem to remember that Joy's representatives stated that after the legal process against the council they would turn to Wasps via the Civil Process. Forget why but will try and sift through CT when home.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »
I have a feeling that the European Court is not linked to the EU so Brexit won't effect SISU taking that route... but I could be completely wrong about that.

As Nick Eastwood said in the article, I'm a bit surprised that CCFC fans haven't taken this problem on themselves.

Making the problem known in the national press perhaps but being a fairly faceless secretive hedge fund, SISU wouldn't be bothered about the attention.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »
The SBT lynch mob can't agree how to demonstrate against Wasps! The problem has been debated in parliament twice recently so it is getting out there but the owners of the football club just ignore everything.
As I said Nick/Easps are doing the best thing in sticking firm.

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »
On the EU aspect I think, but may be completely wrong, things can go to the court up until Brexit date + 2 years.

I seem to remember that Joy's representatives stated that after the legal process against the council they would turn to Wasps via the Civil Process. Forget why but will try and sift through CT when home.

I think if there is no deal then the EU Court loses it's jurisdiction as the UK Parliament won't recognise it...but there is always the civil courts anyway.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »
Boot them out.
Nothing else for it, sad for CCFC.
They will persue us till hell freezes over, their mendacity is matched only by their tenacity and their propensity for legal action, like board room version of The Terrminator they just won't stop.
I would issue an ultimatum that is stronger than the one we have, namely not "we won't discuss rent until you drop the legals" but "if you don't drop legals and agree something by the end of Feb then we will not negotiate- ever".

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 09:42:58 AM »
Boot them out.
Nothing else for it, sad for CCFC.
They will persue us till hell freezes over, their mendacity is matched only by their tenacity and their propensity for legal action, like board room version of The Terrminator they just won't stop.
I would issue an ultimatum that is stronger than the one we have, namely not "we won't discuss rent until you drop the legals" but "if you don't drop legals and agree something by the end of Feb then we will not negotiate- ever".
There is no need. Holding the door open, whilst demanding things you know the other side won't do is pretty much the same thing, but casts us in a far better light (BREXIT is rife with people adopting this mode of negotiations and it works).  Just hold this line will do nicely.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »
Sadly CCFC is just collateral damage in all this. As far as SISU is concerned they'll destroy everything, including women and children, to try and get their way. CCFC is just a pawn in their game and will be sacrificed ruthlessly with out a second thought. We must be as adamant as Seppala and if CCFC goes down the pan, so be it.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »
Sadly CCFC is just collateral damage in all this. As far as SISU is concerned they'll destroy everything, including women and children, to try and get their way. CCFC is just a pawn in their game and will be sacrificed ruthlessly with out a second thought. We must be as adamant as Seppala and if CCFC goes down the pan, so be it.
Agreed, but we also can't be seen as pushing them under. I think that the Wasps hierarchy are handling this just fine.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
If the worst happens and no ground is available for CCFC, will they be kicked out of the league?

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 10:40:54 AM »
Probably not.  A different organisation (Football Conference) but I was dealing with Margate FC and they were given every opportunity to comply; deadlines were extended and extended again, then after they demolished their stadium they were allowed to switch grounds to Maidstone at short notice and about 40 miles from here.  I would expect the EFL to extend the same to CCFC, so whilst I wouldn't expect them to be playing in Coventry (unless the legal situation changes), I would expect them to be playing in the EFL (probably at Northampton).