Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 4th Annual Ride to the Ricoh  (Read 6990 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Annual Ride to the Ricoh
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 10:32:09 PM »
I'll admit - when I saw this thread - I did think it was a cycle ride the Ricoh....hence my concern over physical fitness in my previous post...

So...re my post today - I've just got my licence back after a medical timeout - I will be looking to see just how much my insurance might have increased too before getting back on the road.

So - assuming for one second that I can sort the insurance and preferably get the bike a mini service - that makes me probably 50/50 at best, but I'd love to meet up and come to the Ricoh.

I'll update as and when

Mike

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 10:38:28 PM »
It'd be great if you can join us.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 10:54:17 PM »
It would be a very special moment - probably best explained over a strong coffee!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:36 AM »
For me, it would be great to tie down some timings. I am likely to meet Coddy in Banbury. As your itinerary showed a stop in at the Diner in Long Itchington, I am guessing that you plan to go through Banbury, exiting North on the A423. Last time we were going to meet up (but we didn't), Coddy and I had planned to meet up at MacDonalds in Banbury (which is handy for a cheap top up of Petrol at Tesco next door). Given the timings you posted, that would have to be up the M40 from Cherwell Services to the Banbury junction, down the hill to the A423. We could meet you at the junction of Beaumont Road and the A423 at about 12:50.

Would you be coming still Mike? Where from, if you are?

Chilham, if you are the lone biker from London/South East, would you actually cut out the Beaconsfield and Cherwell stops and meet us in Banbury (there is a Tesco filling station near where I suggested we wait for you, with a MacDonalds next door).

Let's hope the weather forecast changes (again).

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 11:36:28 AM »
Sadly - struggling on the bike service - I'll be a def for next time and for any interim ride outs - but even with the bike on the charger 24/7 through my lay oof - I'd not want to risk a 250m+ round trip without a full service!

Good luck on the day

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
Cool.  Tell me a time to meet in Banbury.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »
depends. Do you want to stop there and fill up? Do you want make a stop at Long Itchington for a drink etc?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 09:37:07 PM »
I was planning on making it a bit more of a ride by meeting Chilham on his way up. What do you think of meeting me at the H Cafe in Berinsfield Chilham and then meeting Nelly in Banbury?

http://www.ifancyafryup.co.uk/cafes/england/oxfordshire/berinsfield/h-cafe.html

The cafe is a popular bikers cafe about 45 mins South of Banbury.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 06:12:25 AM »
That works.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 06:49:33 AM »
Ok cool, let me know your approximate eta and I'll meet you there.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 07:04:17 AM »
I might tootle down there also, make it easier, plus its a really nice ride for me.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »
And then, if you started at the H cafe, you have the choice of going back to the M40, Banbury, Long Itchington (for a break), Princethorpe, etc, OR

Woodstock, Shipston, Fosse Way, a break at the Hilltop Farm cafe (where many of the players go after practice), Princethorpe, etc.

Not much in it time wise (M40 route would be 10 minutes or so quicker), but the Woodstock route is way nicer. Either way, you have to give yourself about 2 hours from H Cafe, plus a bit for a break.

Shame we couldn't work in a stop at Caffeine & Machine, but you really need to spend over an hour there to appreciate that place (it will be stuffed with bikes and hot cars on a Saturday; great atmosphere, and free entry for bikes!).

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »

12:30?  You guys maybe know better than me.  Want enough time for a cuppa at the Long Itch, and arrive at the Ricoh an hour ahead of kick-off.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:49 AM »

12:30?  You guys maybe know better than me.  Want enough time for a cuppa at the Long Itch, and arrive at the Ricoh an hour ahead of kick-off.

That would be fine. I shall, as is my OCD in action, be there early. Red Honda CB1100RS 2018 reg with black Kappa top box. I am a fat, short, old geezer. Black jacket and either jeans or black leggings, depending on the weather, black Scorpion full face helmet.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:12 PM »
Yellow BMW F800GS with black panniers, sand-coloured jacket, black pants, black, white and sand Arai helmet.