Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Former Wasp recalled  (Read 4767 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Former Wasp recalled
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
Ruaridh Jackson has been recalled to the Scotland squad ahead of the game against us.

It'll be nice to see him play international rugby again, I was always a fan.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Former Wasp recalled
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
Yes, I always liked Ruaridh. Bad luck with injury.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »
Exciting player. But miss a kick or two and some, err, fans would be calling for his head.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:44:49 PM »
Some people were always gonna hate him for not being Cips.

This was one of my favourite moments in the recent history of the club, the only thing that came close was Jimmy's last minute kick against Chiefs to win the QF.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5nquza

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 05:59:14 PM »
Lovely lovely try by a much missed player. His time with us hit by injury and I remember watching him collapse at AP knowing it was bad but he came back to do things like this.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:09:06 AM »
Iirc he was generally well thought of by DW community. One or two were lukewarm, but nothing really derogatory.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 07:15:41 AM »
Really liked him, he was the first Wasp player that we met. Is he full back again for Scotland? If he could kick slightly further consistently he would be an awesome fly half. I wonder if that's why he didn't get on at Quins after us.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »
Iirc he was generally well thought of by DW community. One or two were lukewarm, but nothing really derogatory.

Only a quarter Lima then rather than the full Lima?  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:56:50 AM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 09:30:15 AM »
Some people were always gonna hate him for not being Cips.

This was one of my favourite moments in the recent history of the club, the only thing that came close was Jimmy's last minute kick against Chiefs to win the QF.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5nquza

Excellent, though Di should control his emotions a bit better.

A sad indictment, the dog heard the theme tune for the European Cup and skulked off with his head down to hide in another office. Probably thinking "more %^&^* rugby so my dreams of walkies are dashed"

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 10:24:14 AM »

Only a quarter Lima then rather than the full Lima?  ;)
Is that now the unit of currency for measuring players who people irrationally dislike?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
Don't think anyone dislikes Lima. In fact everyone says what a nice guy he is. They think he is not very good, which is probably wrong but not the same thing. They also think he has not played well for us, which is probably correct (although he is not alone in that) and that he may be the wrong type of ten, which remains to be seen. It obviously does not help that the previous incumbent was ostensibly the right type of ten, given the way the backs played around him.

If you wanted an example of people irrationally disliking a player, Reddan or Goode would spring to mind, perhaps WLR in more recent times.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 04:42:18 PM »
I have defended Lima, and will continue to do so, as I still believe that his first season in the northern hemisphere wouldn't exactly set the world alight. Not to mention that he has clearly been thrown in quicker than he might've liked given Jimmy being injured.
It is hard to identify Lima as the problem when so many of our players aren't in the form of their life either but I believe that next season will be telling for Lima.
I'd like to think that I am right in thinking he will come good.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 06:35:02 PM »
I have defended Lima, and will continue to do so, as I still believe that his first season in the northern hemisphere wouldn't exactly set the world alight. Not to mention that he has clearly been thrown in quicker than he might've liked given Jimmy being injured.
It is hard to identify Lima as the problem when so many of our players aren't in the form of their life either but I believe that next season will be telling for Lima.
I'd like to think that I am right in thinking he will come good.

I agree 100%

I still believe he has the potential to be the best we've had.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
Better than fiver? Big ask, because he was at a really unusual confluence of outstanding runners, probably the best ever in the premiership, and a superb mobile and balanced back row, and a second playmaker at twelve hitting a golden patch. We came bloody close to winning it with one of the worst defenses in the league and a mid table line out. Only Cipriani could have got that team clicking like that, literally scoring from anywhere, and only Cipriani will play in a backline that has the phenomenal Wade, Beale, WLR etc. It is unfair to draw comparisons.

I will settle for as good as Nicky Robinson with ball in hand at least, or Walder's control right now.

Part of me hopes Searle gets in at ten, Lima replaces Jimmy at twelve, where I think he could be even better than Jimmy, and we try and replicate the style I have so enjoyed these past few seasons.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »
But not picked.
Let me tell you something cucumber