Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Exeter's Flybe Sponsorship?  (Read 2248 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Exeter's Flybe Sponsorship?
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:06:35 PM »
How much trouble is the budget airline in and will it affect their sponsorship of the Chiefs? Anyone got any ideas?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Exeter's Flybe Sponsorship?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:29:31 PM »
Quite a lot of trouble. I suspect that, without an injection of funds, we could see it go to the wall. Think about it. Right now people are thinking of booking flights for holidays. Would YOU book with them, knowing your holiday would fall apart like a pack of cards, leaving you having paid for hire car, hotel, but having to risk no flight?

Even a 5 or 10% fall in bookings would ruin them.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
How much trouble is the budget airline in and will it affect their sponsorship of the Chiefs? Anyone got any ideas?

I'm sure their main sponsor can plug any gap...given it's the owner, to ensure they continue to show a profit  ;D

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »

I'm sure their main sponsor can plug any gap...given it's the owner, to ensure they continue to show a profit  ;D

Of course! Exeter are onto a winner there you'd think.

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
They're  under new ownership, a consortium involving virgin and stobart. I think they'll be ok. A few redundancies will be no bad thing. They expanded too quickly, ditched a lot of dh8d in favour of e190 aircraft.

They've just got hold of a slot at Heathrow going to Guernsey (I think) which won't have come cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Give it a year and they'll be ok.

I've flown with them a few times. I love regional airports compared to big hubs, so much more relaxing.
@doctorkmt

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 04:14:58 PM »
Last year the lad was doing a lot of flying up and down to Aberdeen.
Flybe's turboprop to LHR was so much more convenient (for taxi driver me!) than Easyjet to LUT or LGW, even if it was slower than the jets and slightly more expensive.

He's now in Oz, so am not having to panic about losing this flight - yet!