Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All!  (Read 2157 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning All!
« on: April 14, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »
It's a lovely day here, there's a chill in the air but the sun is shining and there is a promise of real warmth later.  Not typical rugby weather!  But I live in Hampshire so it's not really relevant.  Sadly I am not going to this one, and neither will I be able to follow it live.  For the first time since I broke my knee I am teaching a seminar on submission wrestling to a bunch of martial artists.  It's a complete experiment, as it has become very clear there is a lot of it I can no longer do due to the injury, but I'm hoping I can still find a way to teach it without having to demonstrate.

Either way I shall be spending most of the latter part of the day in a small matted room rolling around with sweaty men.  Make of that what you want Billy V.

I'm not hoping for or expecting a win, but a bonus point would be nice.  That being said this weekend seems to be full of surprises so I accpet it is possible, if not likely.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »
Hoping we can do as well as Bristol did yesterday. It is about time our team started playing like a team for a whole 80 minutes. And someone needs to have words with Willie about decision making during the match. Keep reminding him that 1% kicks and passes are not what we need. As much as his brilliance can score us points, it can also cost us points.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »
Morning all, coffee on the go to recover from playing yesterday followed by the club dinner, need to get head straight before coaching u11s this morning.
Am heading to Exeter but unfortunately not until Tuesday to attend the races and watch a horse I have a share in so hoping for a double of good performances down there, safe travels all.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »
Morning all, I'll get out of bed in a minute and prepare for my first motorcycle ride since the away game down in Bath when soon after I broke my knee.

I'll be back for a Sunday roast and a couple of hours on the sofa watching the game.

I think Wasps will put up a spirited display but still come away with no points for their efforts. Obviously happy for them to prove me wrong though.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »
Morning all. Just had a hail storm and now sunny bonkers weather. Been out to get papers and read TRP. Not travelling today so may watch on telly. Not even the slightest hopeful for today. Can't see where we will even get a BP. Can but hope but see a plus twenty loss. Hope weather is kind for any going and keep in good voice.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:44 AM »
Morning all, I'll get out of bed in a minute and prepare for my first motorcycle ride since the away game down in Bath when soon after I broke my knee.

I'll be back for a Sunday roast and a couple of hours on the sofa watching the game.

I think Wasps will put up a spirited display but still come away with no points for their efforts. Obviously happy for them to prove me wrong though.

Good idea on the ride. Looks like nice weather, if a little breezy and chilly. The road to Bourton has been resurfaced where it was really bad, and so have many sections of the Fosse north of Moreton.

I have two rear pipes I want to swap out on to my bike today, so I cleared the garage to enable me to work inside on it (somewhere nice and flat). My driveway is sloping and not suitable for using the new lift (a group of people who know me all chipped in) that I got for Christmas. A nice technician at Honda put in me touch with someone who could make me these pipes and he gave me a really good price (£225 per side).

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
Morning all

Coffee done...domestic duties call - a visit to Wales to a tile retailer - then back for the start of Paris-Roubaix and the game on TV

Possibly dabble with the golf too....

Looking for performance today. Result matters less. (Means I can watch with reasonable expectations....)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
Expecting nothing really.
Want to see evidence of cohesion in the backs, fewer turnstyle tackles and Lima gain in confidence. Watson too I would like to see continue his resurgence.
Safe travels all.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »
Good morning to everyone from a chilly but sunny Hastings. I look forward to all Wasps' games - this one with more hope than expectation. Form book this season can pretty much be torn up and thrown out the window. However, if any game follows form, it is this one. A point or two would be great. A win, particularly a 5 pointer, would be a miracle. I might even ascend the East Hill and light the beacon. However I do hope we come out of it injury free, whatever the result.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Morning VV, morning all

Got to put a new battery in the motorbike this morning.  Lack of care and attention over the winter. A trip to the dump after last weekend’s sorting in the garage, then settle in for the match.

I’ll take a decent performance and no points. Anything we get will be a bonus. Results going our way this weekend means sixth remains a possibility, as long as we don’t get demoralised with poor performances the next two matches.

My fantasy team is doing well and topping the DW league. My son has caught me in the Wasps Fan league but I have three more players than him playing today, so big performances hoped for from ZZ, Cruse and Simmonds to put me back on top. Well, not so much from Simmonds.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Taken our daughter away for the weekend whilst son on a school trip, we are near Ciren so if you are on a bike and see a car driver on the Fosse nodding and holding up two fingers the polite way around to bikers, that'll be me! Some stretches on the Fosse are still a little rough so go careful if you go that way, main issue is when the sunlight casts shadows from the trees that make the pot holes hard to spot.

Hope we are back home to watch the game, but if not I'll do my best to follow and watch a video later. The Devon radio commentry is actually pretty good.

Looks like a strong Exeter team, here's to a great game and a good performance from Wasps.

Notso

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 01:07:32 PM »
Afternoon all. Back from coaching the u7s. Ribs still very sore from last week, so not too much running from me.

Big game and I've not got much hope of winning, but it would be huge if we did!