Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2643 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
A very wet, blustery day. Not ideal. but we need that win.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:37:22 AM »
Morning all, bit of organisation and setting up for tomorrow's mini festival before heading to the game, difficult ask against strong saracens side but the team seem to be very positive at the moment so will join them in that frame of mind, safe travels all.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Yes, not great conditions for players or supporters.

Tough ask for today. Just deleted a whole ramble about if Wasps beat Sarries today. I think I have been getting carried away with my thoughts since the Cheifs win and don't want to jinx anything, but I do have tickets to the final and it would be great if Wasps were there.

Well back to earth, dai got his wish of a full strength Sarries team. Here's to a great game, may the best team win. Come On You Wasps!

Notso

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »
Morning all.

May or may not be watching this one, if I am, it's likely on my phone. The rugby club are having a big youth tournament thing and then a touring mens side, and since I've found myself with son (beaver camp) and wife (split shifts through the whole day), I realised I may as well get down there to help out (can't play, ribs still healing).

Going to be very tough, probably too tough I feel, but I hope we can come out of it with something, even if it's only pride.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 09:16:29 AM »
Morning all from a blustery Hastings. I was looking forward to this one. Now, without Joe and Jamma, I'm not so sure :-\

How we approach this game is all important. I can't see Quins getting much if anything at Sandy Park and, as their game kicks off at 2.00pm, then we will know where we stand. Continue our run of form and, who knows, we could be fourth by this evening. Get in the estate agents' faces and rip their clip boards in half. We have to play right on the edge. Leave their ribs black and blue. Pulverise the first scrum. Kieran can brutalise Mako. I'm sure he will want to - he's an old school tight head. That's why he plays the game. I expect Elliot will be a marked man. Some will have a point to make before he turns up next season.

McCall has put his all into this one. Could be his undoing. Some of their players will undoubtedly have their eyes on the Cup final and later. Remind them that the season isn't over.

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »
Morning All!

Mrs VV left me to sleep in this morning so I've just stumbled downstairs and made some coffee.  I'm seriously hoping the rest of the day is as full of equally unlikely wonderful ocurrences.

Not expecting a win though, but even a single point would help.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
Good morning all from a blowy Devizes. Cycle ride after breakfast then a leisurely drive to Cov. Hoping we can catch them napping but it will be a surprise if we do - long journey home I fear.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 09:50:17 AM »
And from morning over there, to morning over here.
Delayed transmission as in transit today.
Hoping for a b pt...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 10:04:30 AM »
Morning all.  Just back from a very windy and wet dog walk. Not good rugby conditions but one where the bowl will even things out hopefully. Late match so late start up the road. Will have to watch traffic conditions because any bump can make it a 3+ hour jaunt. Not hopeful facing that team but we managed Chiefs away so this lot should be easier - shouldn't it? BPL would be my best hope. Travel well all.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 10:26:29 AM »
Morning everyone, up early this morning for the first day of cricket training for our Under 10s. Cancelled obviously! Unable to go today due to sick daughter so will be watching from behind the sofa 😱
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
Good morning all from a blowy Devizes. Cycle ride after breakfast then a leisurely drive to Cov. Hoping we can catch them napping but it will be a surprise if we do - long journey home I fear.

Very much the same the other side of the M4, nearer Bristol - very blowy - no cycle ride...but coffee brewed!

TV view for me unfortunately, hoping for something from the game, I'd hope we can at least pressure Sarries and show what we can do.