Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'The other place'  (Read 4222 times)

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
'The other place'
« on: May 02, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
I'm not asking for it to be brought back, it is actually nice being able to read rugby chat without being drowned out by other matters relating to S*r*c*ns or Si*u.

Just wanted to remark that the comments on the Saracens board are a sad reflection of how we are now perceived, thanks mainly I think to the tone of the discussions over there.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 'The other place'
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:40 AM »
It is interesting to visit other clubs' forums to see what they are chatting about (you do pick up intersting rugby information as well) but there does appear to be an going battle of views between Sarries and some of the Wasps posters that doesn't occur on other clubs' sites.

I can understand some other clubs' forum posters leaving comments straight after a game (and I'm sure it happens the other way).

Its my perception that the Wasps DW site is the most active of all the Sportnetwork sites so that's probably why other club posters lurk around on that one to get their fix.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
I far prefer this forum and have for some time. An open forum lets trolls and semi-trolls just tip up and stir things. Here, they have to register to post. Also there were several on the DW site who profess to be Wasps' fans but who seemed (at least to me) to have their own entirely separate agenda(s) which they repeated ad nauseam.

And as for the estate agents' opinions of us. Frankly I couldn't give a damn.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:18:04 AM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
You have to register for the other place. I along with a few others put a link to this place in the signatures to help Vesp get numbers up.

Most of the time I now leave that link off (or forget). I'm not sure how vesp could cross-reference who is on the DW site and then who applies to register for this one unless he has access to their IP addresses.

Having access to other clubs forums is useful as it can give you access to travel and parking information. The downside to that is you sometimes have to converse with someone that you don't agree with.. but that mirrors life.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 11:47:45 AM »
I've given up on DW - I find the environment here more rugby orientated....and as per others, not bothers by the Sarries view of us

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 11:58:50 AM »
I transferred over here a month or two back and haven;t looked back.

DW has turned into a hostile place where view points and opinions are shot down with aggression. The language and theme of posts began to influence mine and i definitely posted some things in the heat of the moment that I'm not proud of (usually followed up quickly with an apology!). So that's when i knew it was time to come over to here and get back to rugby related discussions and accepting others view points.

Really like the atmosphere here and don't intend to ever post on DW again.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »
This site has my allegiance now.  Thanks Vesp!!!!

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »
One problem with DW is that disagreements/arguments/whatever in one thread follow through into the next hundred threads. A few posters have gripes that go way back and a decent, well toned thread can be ruined in an instant.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 09:11:43 PM »
Happy to go on DW, I  get on well with most of the well meaning Sarries fans who post on our site and have not been too offended. I have once or twice visited theirs and found it pretty fair, even when I am disagreeing. I think it is important that other club's fans etc. who do post there hear a range of views that are not the extreme ones proffered constantly by the more vocal minority.
I don't get into the ad hominem attacks that can happen. Sometimes you have to walk away, and all conversations end.
I like it here, of course, the lack of personal attacks is refreshing.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »
Its back up and running.. lets see how quickly things spiral downwards... how quickly some of the Sarries posters notice and obviously Fumes and SheCham representing our CCFC friends.

Talking of which.. wasn't there supposed to be an annoucement regarding CCFC's Ricoh future ?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 09:25:55 AM »
Its back up and running.. lets see how quickly things spiral downwards... how quickly some of the Sarries posters notice and obviously Fumes and SheCham representing our CCFC friends.

Talking of which.. wasn't there supposed to be an annoucement regarding CCFC's Ricoh future ?

Well, apparently both parties finally sat down a week ago. Since then nothing, though I think a Wasps spokesperson said that there were NDAs in place.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »
The one redeeming feature of DW is how easy it is for fans of other clubs to pop over and join in a chat. It's just a shame that 1) they're not always made welcome and, not always related, 2) some (a small minority) pop to opposing forums just to gloat or troll.

Of course Waspies are just as guilty of gloating or trolling as any other fan group. It's annoying whichever direction the trolls are pointing.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
I foolishly went over and had a look following the player departure news and team selection announcement.... what an error!

It really is negativity central over there. I read down the ‘Rugby Paper Rumours’ thread and there is one individual who is clearly not just glass half empty, but glass completely empty! It was relentless posting from them about how much Wasps are doomed! And then the personal attack on VV reminded me just why I avoid DW.

I’m really hoping that individual doesn’t transfer over to here.

Thank you VV for starting this site up and I’m kicking myself for not switching over sooner.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
You piqued my curiosity Rory. Wow, seems to have descended lower since I last looked.

Interesting comments from the Sarries supporter about Vailanu though, they will have seen more of him than any of us and it seems he has potential but needs more game time.

Well, as said, thanks VV.

By the way, for the record, if anyone hears anything from anyone at the club, I am interested!!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »
I transferred over here a month or two back and haven;t looked back.

DW has turned into a hostile place where view points and opinions are shot down with aggression. The language and theme of posts began to influence mine and i definitely posted some things in the heat of the moment that I'm not proud of (usually followed up quickly with an apology!). So that's when i knew it was time to come over to here and get back to rugby related discussions and accepting others view points.

Really like the atmosphere here and don't intend to ever post on DW again.

This is exactly how I felt, just don’t understand why people had to get personal. I except that not everyone will agree with me but no need to get personal