Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Irish announce Naholo  (Read 5620 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Irish announce Naholo
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
I wouldn't want us to sign Goneva or Sinoti, they would be stop gaps given their ages. My preference would be a player that is longer term and committed to the renaissance of the team and playing style.
It was fine when I left it.....

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »
I wonder if they will want to use  signing announcement to perhaps give a little boost to the season ticket membership sales.

Still think there will be an awful lot of teams announcing big signings from the SH once the RWC squads are announced, but if this players isn't likely to be selected for his nation then makes sense to announce sooner rather than later.

I would love to be a fly on the wall as we work our recruitment plans out and figure out balancing the cap. There must be so much strategy involved in it, as opposed to just picking a player we want and going after him.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
Raggs, thats a brilliant tease, thank you for sharing what you know! Looking forward to an announcement soon. Should be a few across the summer I expect.

Big game this weekend too! #COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
I wonder if they will want to use  signing announcement to perhaps give a little boost to the season ticket membership sales.

Talking of which, did they ever sort out a finance deal? The lack of that will hit sales really hard.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 12:07:50 PM »
Dai used to like having one rapid and one strength winger, still maybe true if that is why Josh plays as he does. Newcastle wingers would fit that.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »
I wouldn't want us to sign Goneva or Sinoti, they would be stop gaps given their ages. My preference would be a player that is longer term and committed to the renaissance of the team and playing style.

I’d argue that they would be a great signing for that reason, if Sirker still has a year of integration into 15s, then a stop gap for a year or 2 until he’s properly ready might be ideal

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 12:24:30 PM »
Not sure I agree but I would be torn if it is one of those two, Goneva has a better points haul and average but Sinoti is younger.

From what I have seen Sirker looks like he can do a job now, but skinny perhaps.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
Neither for me thanks. Ever since I saw Andrea Masi cut Sinoti in half at Kingston Park, I know he can be dealt with. Gonova? Past his used by date, IMO. And remember their club just got relegated.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 01:07:14 PM »
If I could pick any Falcons player to bring in it would be Hammersley, or Wilson but that would mean displacing one of our already good back row.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 02:04:23 PM »
I've heard we may be announcing a winger this week, not previously linked. Told that they aren't eqp, may divide opinion but are a quality player.

Equally as it's a rumour of a not done and dusted signing it may of course not happen.

My guesses were the falcons pi pair but i wasn't getting more info and am only sharing now as we're closeto the end of the week.

Intriguing!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 02:59:05 PM »
It may not be a falcons player at all. Just the lateness of the rumour made me suspect.